Author Topic: is DIY tapering Klonopin using Ora-Plus and Ora Sweet possible?  (Read 1032 times)

[Buddie]

is DIY tapering Klonopin using Ora-Plus and Ora Sweet possible?
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:50:16 am »
yeah, I'm really pissed off at my compounding pharmacy for fucking scamming me , so
was wondering if this formula they used can be replicated, for tapering, with crushed pills
and those 2 ingredients , I can even re-use the bottles the concoction came in from this place
it's almost too perfect, but not sure how to compute it, for 0.1mg/ml ratio , for say 2 weeks, that
would be 40 ml's of this stuff,  that I know, but not sure how much Klonopin they used to make it
nor the 2 liquids , ( that can be bought on Amazon ) for suspension
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 05:11:15 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: is DIY tapering Klonopin using Ora-Plus and Ora Sweet possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 05:41:44 am »
I'm no good at math, Happy, and I tapered valium. But since my tapering days, we have some DIY charts that are helpful. This one is one ppl use and might suit you:

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Hope this is helpful. I hear you about your scamming pharmacy. That's a lot of money for a generic drug!!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 02:49:58 pm »
K, still having (lots) of trouble with the online calc, ( never understood it lol)   
can someone input the data for me,  the concentration is 0.1mg/1ml 
the pills of Klonopin would be 0.5 mg's each ( when I get them/script after
next doc appt March 27th)  and the dosing is currently 3 dose  times daily from
the full 2.6 mg's daily , so like dose one  0.8 ml's    dose two 0.9 ml's dose three
0.9 ml's   for 2.6 ml's total daily, or if dry 2.6 mg's  , and also ( again to make sure)
can this formula using Ora-Plus/Ora-Sweet  ( the same stuff compounding pharmacy is
using)  be replicated

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 03:08:56 pm »
I know you’ve told me before that it is “impossible” for you to find another compounding pharmacy, but my sense is you would be wise to revisit this. Compounding pharmacies are like any other service provider - there are good ones and there are bad ones.  It’s up to us to conduct the necessary due diligence to find the good ones.  Or, here’s another thought.  You have indicated in another thread that you are on welfare.  Do you have a case manager (or someone at the local agency that administers welfare) who could assist you?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 03:17:57 pm »
yes , there are other pharmacies , but the other 2 do not have delivery, and are of
further distance, being 100% Agoraphobic with crippling anxiety, I can't get to them
myself, I have a social support worker who helps get me to docs/ bloodwork etc, ( and
to the expensive place I'm using now) but even she says those 2 other pharmacies are too far , for her tight
timeframes driving wise,( as she has many other clients like me ) I'll ask her when I see her Thursday
so yeah, really stuck here lol,  as for my ODSP/welfare caseworker,  very little to no help , there isn't
much they can do, as their main thrust for welfare clients is the financial stuff, not the med/pharma/doctor stuff

the full 2.6 mg's daily , so like dose one  0.8 ml's    dose two 0.9 ml's dose three
0.9 ml's   for 2.6 ml's total daily, or if dry 2.6 mg's  , and also ( again to make sure)
can this formula using Ora-Plus/Ora-Sweet  ( the same stuff compounding pharmacy is
using)  be replicated   ( pasting this info again, so it doesn't get buried, as it's the important stuff lol)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 03:43:05 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 03:45:02 pm »
I’m glad you are going to ask your social support worker about this!  I would think your ODSP/welfare caseworker would be keenly interested in your situation because it involves “financial stuff” (in your case, having to pay exorbitant out-of-pocket costs for your medication).

Brainstorming here ... when you were searching for compounding pharmacies, did you contact nearby hospitals and clinics to ask if they do on-site compounding or work with a compounding pharmacy that delivers to their site?   Contacting nearby long-term care facilities for older adults or adults with developmental disabilities (both of these groups often require compounded medications) to ask the same question might also be worth considering.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 04:13:56 pm »
no, hospitals here, do not have pharmacies in them,  so never thought of it
I know when I was in the ER Dec 2018, I was given a script , and had to
get it at a regular drug store the day after as it was after midnight when I got out

using)  be replicated   ( pasting this info again, so it doesn't get buried, as it's the important stuff lol)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 01:07:00 am »
Hi [...],
My pharmacist is using this exact formula to prepare my liquid klonopin every 14 days. What is your daily dose?  Is it 2.6mg dry tablets or 2.6ml liquid.?There is a big difference.  Please let me know so that I can help with the calculations if you still want to know.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 01:17:26 am »
Hi [...],
Just saw your first post.  You will use 4mg of klonopin with 40ml ora-plus.  That means you will use 8 of the 0.5mg pills for each 40ml ora-plus.
Hope this will help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 06:32:03 pm »
The Ora-Plus can be diluted up to 50%. The "Ora-sweet" is not necessary. Also, there is another brand called Flavor Plus that costs less than the Ora-Plus