Making a documentary/writing an article to expose benzos

[Ri...]

Hey buddies

I’m thinking of creating a documentary/writing an article about Benzo withdrawal and recovery. I wanted to ask you guys what you thought was most important to cover as I want to be a voice for all of us. I wouldn’t be quoting anyone or using anyone’s names. I just need ideas on subjects that are important to get out there. I pray for you all every day! I’m still recovering myself but it gets easier I promise.

Thanks.

You need some kind of a "hook" that will get people's attention, but it can't be sensationalizing this as addiction, Matter of fact, just the opposite- the point needs to be driven home that this is NOT addiction, it is some sort of alteration the CNS. That's the only way people are going to start to understand and making people understand is necessary before any changes are going to be made.

I think it needs to be clear that if ppl are on them a long time and not in tolerence or interdose WD they need to think very carefully before deciding to WD and that Drs should not take long term users off unless they want to stop esp if they are in them for physical conditions  such as dystonia etc.

I would also argue that doctors need to stop acting like god and listening to the patients complaints, and that the government shouldn't be forcing doctors to take their patients off just because people abuse the medication. Most of us don't.

That these pills actually cause anxiety and panic so many people in interdose withdraw don't know the anxiety and panic is from the meds