Mornings

[Be...]

Greetings to all.Prayers to all those going through this withdrawal stuff.I just want to start this post on how you people feel in the morning.How are your mornings like?

Hi Bexlan,

Lots of people on BB will tell you mornings are the worst part of the day.

My mornings are terrible. Awake around 4.30 am. No more sleep after that. Muscle pain. Anxiety. Soar feet. Nausea. Tired. Things were better for a while when I held. But I started to taper again ( stupid) and things really got worse after a couple of days.

Good luck.

Trochsetter.Sorry about your experience but it shall pass.Mornings are a bit edgy and after stabilise as the day goes.I don't know whether it is due to hormonal imbalances.

[96...]
In general my mornings are my hardest time.  Like everyone else, I wake early and can't go back to sleep, negative thinking, etc.  I am 2/3 of the way through my Klonopin taper from 1mg three times daily to 1mg a day.  I am hopeful to be off in a month to six weeks.  Honestly, I have not noticed a difference in my mornings with the taper.  I see now much of a tolerance I had developed to the medication after 20+ years on it.  In some regards, I am feeling better now.  Still have tough times but I was having them before the taper.  But I don't think my mornings are ever going to be my best time. ;)  Just being truthful ...

Kate08.It is well.Just know by the time I go to sleep I'm all fine but morning times I find it hard to stabilise. I wouldn't say I'm suffering.But it gets boring to wake up always feeling down.

[96...]

Hello everyone.  It is morning where I am and I am up after sleeping well but am having the usual AM anxiety, not too terrible today but still there as usual.  It helps to know I am not the only one, though.  I've always felt so alone with my anxiety problems and coming here is reassuring.

As I was waking up this morning, I reminded myself that this will not last all day, it never does.  Thanks Bexlan for starting this thread.  :)

Surely you are not alone though you may feel like you are.The anxiety will end too.My taper keeps improving as I go down my taper.

Hello BBs. I’m tapering off mirtazapine. Been off benzos for some time. Getting off the mirtazapine has proven to be hell. Way worse for me than getting off Xanax via Valium. I’m now at 0.8mg. Almost done but my mornings are hell. I often wake early with leg pain and nausea. I hurt and feel sick. It’s funny in that the leg pain feels sick too. A most weird sensation. It’s all A miserable kind of sick. Brain fog as well.  When I wake up I have to make myself get up then and stretch. I have to move, stretch and then put some food in my quesy stomach. I dread the coming morning every night I lay my head on the pillow.

Pokey

Pokey you are really so brave to have come off the Xanax.We are so special to have embraced that part of life and overcame it.Atleast we are aware of what these drugs can do from experience.I’m so optimistic about the future that even the slightest symptoms will resolve.What has helped me most is learning to trust in time,time is a healer.Also taking it slow on the taper. My mornings are not as bad as they were when I was still on 1mg so I am so optimistic.

Bexlan. I think getting off the Xanax was easier than what I’m going through now because when I was coming off the Xanax I was still on Doxepin. It helped mask WD sxs of coming off the benzo. Then when I tapered off the doxepin my doc put me on mirtazapine to help me sleep. Stupid ,right? I traded one AD for another. Anyway I got off the doxepin just fine too. But now that I’m coming off the mirtazapine I have nothing backing me up. Nothing to mask WD sxs. I think I have done protracted benzo sxs that have been revealed having nothing to mask them. Unfortunately I’m not as confident as you. I’m worried some of these sxs will last forever. I have to say sometimes I have the thoughts of putting an end to it all. I’m very tired of feeling like warmed over dog poop.

Pokey.

[96...]

Pokey, I am sorry to hear you are having such a time of it but I do get it.  With my Klonopin taper, I have had good days and I have had bad ones.  But I was having bad days on the Klonopin before I started the taper because I had developed a tolerance to it.  I've thought of adding a new med to get me through this taper (I am no no other psych meds) but I get your point ... you feel like you are trading one drug for another one that you will regret you are on later down the road ...

I don't know if this helps but you are not alone!  Those of us who are not on the "other side" yet so want to feel better and there is nothing wrong with wanting to feel good.  But I do wonder if I have a fantasy that I will get through the taper and off my med and then things will be great but my logical brain says that isn't true.  I'll still have "me" to deal with :-)

One day at a time and today I am taking a break from worrying about it all.  Like you, I don't have the strength today to worry about anything!

I feel for you Pokey..It will surely end though your feelings can lie to you that it will last forever.Just know it will surely end.I have searched and read through archives of years back with one of the worst cases but they healed and happier.You shall feel happy to have gone through this and never gave up. PLEASE DON'T END A TEMPORARY PROBLEM WITH A PERMANENT SOLUTION........

Thanks guys. No I won’t engage the “permanent solution”. But I will say if I didn’t wake up one morning it wouldn’t be the worst thing that could happen to me. Woke up this morning hurting and feeling awful again but after getting up and having something to eat and cofffee the malaise has lifted quite a bit. It’s very strange and hard to describe some of the symptoms we all go through. I try to describe to my doctor what it feels like and he just sits there rather dumbfounded as he has no label to put on it or any solution of treatment. It’s all so bizarre. My wife can’t even fathom it I don’t think. Then try and tell your friends what’s going on, they can’t understand either. Cancer, heart disease, diabetes they all get that. Psych drug withdrawal, totally mystifying to them. Which I understand as it’s totally mystifying to me too. Anyway thanks again for the command concern. I really appreciate it.

Pokey

[5d...]

The best advice I have is to accept them as symptoms.  Can you meditate?  Our families doctors noone can comprehend this.  It is overwhelming to them as it is to us.  Yes it gets better it takes TIME!  Has your wife read up and educated herself about this?  It may help her to support you.  You will heal hang in there!💪✌️💜. Every body has the fear of being protracted don't play into the fear.  FEAR is a symptom!  One day at a time.  Don't read anything that scares you.  Stay in the real world as much as you can. Read the Ashton Manual!  Every body heals.

B

[96...]
Yes, thank you Bnotafraid!  They are SYMPTOMS we are feeling but not a DISEASE!!  That is great to remember.  Takes a bit of the sting out it for me :-)

Kate and Bnotafraid I wish I had your faith right now. The reason I think is because it seems like my symptoms have gotten progressively worse the last month. Perhaps it’s the darkness before morning that’s overwhelming me now. The despair and fear can be tough to battle some days.

Many days I could wake up with a dark wall right in front of me.No interest in anything. Even taking tea.Brushing.I was so worried about almost everything. Short tempered.Right now I remember and thank myself for not making bad decisions but was patient enough.Right now it is all in the past. Everything passes.

• 1 year later...
Thank you for these re-assuring messages in this group.  Mornings are horrendous for me and I'm just at the beginning of my taper.  It's an extremely difficult way to start what for many of us feels like a loooong day.  Maybe we can re-vive this thread a little and start helping each other feel more positive about difficult mornings. 

Thank you for these re-assuring messages in this group.  Mornings are horrendous for me and I'm just at the beginning of my taper.  It's an extremely difficult way to start what for many of us feels like a loooong day.  Maybe we can re-vive this thread a little and start helping each other feel more positive about difficult mornings.

I am so sorry you have bad mornings I understand.  Yes reviving this thread would be helpful.  My mornings are absolutely awful too!  I sleep well wake up around 7 usually go back to sleep for hour and a half but then have a very hard time dragging myself out of bed because the anxiety has started.  It usually lasts until late afternoon.

Hi Diane,

I am really suffering.  I sleep well too, usually wake around 6 AM and then pretty quickly the anxiety kicks in.  I will often start to shake (w/d type shakes but I know it's not b/c I take my morning taper dose).  It is all I can do to drag myself mentally and physically out of bed and face another day.  My symptoms (anxiety, depression, achey legs, exhaustion, nausea) are lasting most of the day right now.  I am getting a window between 6-10 PM that I am VERY grateful for. 

I do try to drink a big glass of water with sea salt in it in the morning to help my adrenal glands out.

I am very nauseous and can usually only get down applesaude and maybe some toast until mid-afternoon. I get most of my calories in in the evenings when I feel better, but I am losing weight fast.

I am also losing muscle :(

Have you found anything that "helps"?

Hi Diane,

I am really suffering.  I sleep well too, usually wake around 6 AM and then pretty quickly the anxiety kicks in.  I will often start to shake (w/d type shakes but I know it's not b/c I take my morning taper dose).  It is all I can do to drag myself mentally and physically out of bed and face another day.  My symptoms (anxiety, depression, achey legs, exhaustion, nausea) are lasting most of the day right now.  I am getting a window between 6-10 PM that I am VERY grateful for. 

I do try to drink a big glass of water with sea salt in it in the morning to help my adrenal glands out.

I am very nauseous and can usually only get down applesaude and maybe some toast until mid-afternoon. I get most of my calories in in the evenings when I feel better, but I am losing weight fast.

I am also losing muscle :(

Have you found anything that "helps"?

My heart hurts for you so much.  I have a lot of stomach issues...nausea, acid indigestion... I have found that chewing gum helps and I also bought alka seltzer gum for indigestion.  My appetite has been awful plus when my anxiety revives up I feel like there is a knot in my stomach so I don't want to eat.  Like you I usually can eat better at night.  I have lost 38 pounds in the past year.  I try deep breathing it helps  sometimes.  I try to do things to distract but I don't have much luck with that.  I am so sorry  wish I knew of more things to help.  Maybe you could try to drink protein drinks and smoothies.  I make smoothies with the protein drinks, a frozen banana, yogurt and sometimes a scoop of peanut butter.  Please know that you are not alone.  ❤

I have been making "home-made" protein drinks because many protein powders seems to give me migraines:  Typically I've been using coconut cream (for the fat); hemp seeds (fat and protein); ground flax (fiber and omega 3's); fresh ginger root (for nausea); frozen mango (it's just the taste I prefer the best in a smoothie).  I will also usually add an apple and ice.  This makes a BIG smoothie that I try to sip on throughout the day. 

I am grateful we are both getting a few more calories in at night, although, my stomach has shrunk I think and I get full very fast. Tonight I had some salmon and rice.  I think I'll try to have a scrambled egg in the next two hours before bed.

I am also using digestive bitters in water 3 times/day to help bump up stomach and pancreatic functioning. 

I just worry that it's very hard to heal without the right nutrients.

I know the warnings about supplements and tapering, but I do think I will start a trial soon of fish oil and see if it seems to have an effect on the deep depression this has brought on. 

What do you eat for healthy nutrition? 

I have been making "home-made" protein drinks because many protein powders seems to give me migraines:  Typically I've been using coconut cream (for the fat); hemp seeds (fat and protein); ground flax (fiber and omega 3's); fresh ginger root (for nausea); frozen mango (it's just the taste I prefer the best in a smoothie).  I will also usually add an apple and ice.  This makes a BIG smoothie that I try to sip on throughout the day. 

I am grateful we are both getting a few more calories in at night, although, my stomach has shrunk I think and I get full very fast. Tonight I had some salmon and rice.  I think I'll try to have a scrambled egg in the next two hours before bed.

I am also using digestive bitters in water 3 times/day to help bump up stomach and pancreatic functioning. 

I just worry that it's very hard to heal without the right nutrients.

I know the warnings about supplements and tapering, but I do think I will start a trial soon of fish oil and see if it seems to have an effect on the deep depression this has brought on. 

What do you eat for healthy nutrition?

I just typed you a long post but I lost it ill try to remember what I said 🤔 

Sounds like you are trying your best to eat as well as you can your smoothie puts mine to shame 😂.  I try to eat salmon 2-3 times a week, almonds, Colby jack cheese,  I make energy balls with peanut butter, chia seeds ,oatmeal, ground flax and honey.  I hope the fish oil works for you I have been scared of supplements but I know they do help some people.  Keeping you in my prayers.  ❤