Will 40% alcohol vodka dissolve benzo pill?

[jo...]

I bought a new bottle of vodka (40% alcohol) to use as a solvent for my valium pills.  It does not dissolve the pills like the older vodka I had.  This vodka is the same brand as the last and the pills are from the same prescription, but with the new bottle of vodka there is more undissolved particles in the final solution.  I still use 2 ml of vodka to dissolve 1 mg of valium.  Could I have gotten a bad batch of vodka?  Any Ideas?

Thanks

JoJo

[78...]

40% should do it.  Difficult to believe that something like vodka could be made incorrectly and sold unless it's black market or something like that.  I'm guessing that you're seeing the 'inert' material (starch, gelatin, etcetera) that comprises 99% of the pill.  Some of that stuff won't dissolve in the vodka.  The benzo should go into solution, however.

Have you noticed a sudden decrease in the potency of your liquid formulations??

It's the same brand of vodka I have been using for the last 10 months with no problems, Sm%$@#*&F red label.  There is at least twice the amount of particles in the solution than before as well as being larger since using this new bottle of vodka. 

One thing I forgot to mention in the original post is that this new bottle of vodka has a very strong odor of rubbing alcohol.  My wife took a little taste from the bottle and said it tasted as bad as it smelled.

It was bought at a major department store found everywhere in the states.  I also thought vodka couldn't be made incorrectly or go bad, but when you shake the whole bottle of vodka you can see tiny particles floating around inside that dissipate very slowly.  I think this bottle is going down the drain and I will purchase a new bottle.  Like I said, I have been using this taper method for 10 months and this is the first time I have experienced many many many large particles in my daily solution.

Thanks again for all your thoughts,

JoJo

Hello, jojodancer.  It sounds like you got a bad bottle.  Does the state you live in have state-run liquor stores?  That might be a better source of vodka than a department store  (e.g. supply chains to liquor stores may be shorter/more direct than supply chains to department stores, turnover of stock is probably higher so stock is fresher).  Libertas

I bought another bottle of vodka to try, but a different brand.  With this new bottle, I had no problem getting the pill to dissolve properly and the smell and taste was like it used to be in the past.  Although I have always used the same brand int the past, this does leave me to conclude that the there was something wrong with the previous bottle.  Like I said before, it smelled and tasted like pure rubbing alcohol...EXTREMELY!!  Maybe it can set on the store's shelf too long or there was a problem at the distillery with that batch, either way the contents were bad.

Thanks or all of the help and replies and remember to smell and taste your next bottle of vodka before using.

JoJo