6 months free of 1 mg Lorazepam cold turkey

[so...]

Hi guys. I want to share my celebration with you. Im 6 months free of Lorazepam/Ativan 1 mg for 2 years as needed and 1 year every day. There are 2 sides of how im feelin now. First i have to say that i am better

2 or 3 months i was sooo bad, i almost could not leave the house.. BUT i decided to fight. It is like David vs Goliath.. this fight is epic. I never belived in my life to expirience e something like this, and i have expirienced a lot. Anyway, i still have lot of sxs like muscle twiches, dp/dr is still there but lot better, vision issues like flatering, nightmares, and most difficult to cope with tinnitus. I never had constant tinnitus in my life before.. i really hope it will go away. Anyway, im here to say to all of you guys IT DOES GET BETTER even if you cold turkey. But you have to force you self every day. I hope by 18 months i will be finaly free of all sxs.

Hello soldier1, I'm glad you're back and thanks for letting us know how you're doing!  I know how rough you've had it so I'm glad you're letting us share in your celebration.  Keep up the good work and I hope you win your battle, you've made great progress already.  :thumbsup:

Pamster

Hi Soldier

Thanks for the positive update and keep going, everyone says it will get better. I also struggle with tinnitus so you are not alone... it’s quite scary but I remind myself that it will also pass. I’m told it’s usually the last symptom to leave.

Congrats, Soldier!  I still have tinnitus, along with a whole bunch of other symptoms, but I am only 53 days out.  Tinnitus is very annoying! But I'm glad on the whole you have gotten better! Gives me hope as I am to return to work in about 6-7 months, so I really hope I am better by then.  Wishing you continued healing!❤