10 days after bringing down Diazapam by 3mg and feel fine

[bi...]

So I was on 40mg of diazapam for at least two years and last Thursday I decided to go down by 3mg and so far so good. Am on two antidepressants also but honestly haven't felt hardly any withdrawals other than increased anxiety.

Don't want to tempt fate but going to drop another 3mg this coming Thursday and see how that goes.

Hope everyone is well

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bigshow,

How is your taper going, I see your last cut took you to 37 mg, are you still holding there?  How is your anxiety level, still feeling an increase? 

Pamster

Hey everyone,

I am on 35mg a day now after I felt so good last week so I thought I would continue with the reduction. I must admit I am feeling quite alot of anxiety and detachment this time but it's bearable I guess. I plan on dropping another 3mg this Thursday and then when I get to 30mg.... I will hold for a bit to give my brain a chance to catch up lol

How is everyone doing? Hope you are all okay?

sounding good. I am doing ok. thanks for asking . I'm on codeine again for a bone graft so I will have to make sure I keep it short . also on penicillin type antibiotics ,no negative effects. small improvements

35 mgs is good, I hope the drop to 30 goes okay but remember, your body doesn't recognize the goals we set for ourselves like 30 mgs, it only knows the drug is missing, so try not to get hung up on numbers.  It's much better to slow it down than go back up in dose when you crash.  Okay, that's enough of my lecture.  ::)

Hey I'm glad you are both okay and thank you for replying. Yeah codeine really is a silent devil and for me it has been much harder to control then diazapam but I know everyone is different. I would just hate to see someone get addicted the way I am as I know it causes me alot of anxiety and is really not helping now I'm reducing the diazapam.

You are right about the body doesn't know about my goals lol... It's been nearly two weeks since my 2nd drop and I feel awful. So much so that I am considering holding it at 35mg for another two weeks as I have two young children and this feeling is really knocking me and it's hard to do anything with them. All I want to do is sleep.... It's not like I can take extra diazapam for the anxiety either like I used to. I think my body has finally realised what its missing.

I really hope everyone has a great week... I know it's hard to stay positive but thanks everyone for your support.

Yep, the purpose of a slow taper is so we can remain functional in our lives, who can afford to just stop everything?  So yeah, what Andrew said, slow and easy so you can take care of your kids. 

It's weird hearing you talk about wanting to sleep most of the time, so many of our members would kill to be able to.