Success with Herbal or natural alternative to Xanax?

[Wa...]

Hello everyone, I am cold turkey for almost ten days now, dealing with it, but would be very interested what everyone’s experience is with any herbal alternatives to Xanax?  I have read about GABA, Kava, Valerian root, others.  I have tried a couple but only for a short time so not a lot to go on.  I am saying Herbs but understand there are other options like amino acids, vitamins etc.  If anyone has suggestions I appreciate your input and thank you. 

• 2 months later...
Body will develop tolerance to natural alternative over time, just like it does with benzos. My personal experience, others may have different experience with them . 

I've had significant anxiety reduction since I began prebiotic and probiotic supplements.  I feel that restoring and improving the biome is a much better solution that temporary anxiety aids of any kind. 

Still  not  started my taper , but Vitmain C helps for sure with anxiety , it does reduce cortisol levels atleast for me .

I think I will try probiotics also , My anxiety often centers in my stomach area and have loose stools , it might help .