Feeling great at 13 months - My experience

[Eg...]

Hello everybody!

I just wanted to post a little bit about my experience since I've been doing so much better.

Months 6-9 were by far the worst in my recovery. The constant physical anxiety was horrible. The intrusive thoughts were completely unrelenting. I often had those feelings of "I can't live like this anymore" and I was losing hope. During this time I visited a naturopathic physician and I am very glad I did. I was insistent that something other than benzo withdrawal was wrong and that this just wasn't normal. I was simultaneously both right and wrong.

I was diagnosed with a reinfection of EBV (mono) and put on natural antivirals.

I started with lysine at megadoses  (be careful about taking lysine long term, it can eventually cause rebound arginine production which will allow viruses to replicate more easily.)

Within a week I felt significant improvements.

I then added monolaurin and andrographis while backing off on the lysine.

After a few weeks of this regimen, I was becoming able to function and enjoy things again. I began to actually feel like a human being. It felt like I had come out of a fog. I am a little sad that I lost so many years to benzos and I feel really stunted, but I have been working hard to become a better person.

I am not an expert but I believe that benzo withdrawal lasts so long because of the effects that benzos have on our immune system. I believe that benzo withdrawal can reactivate latent infections like EBV. I also believe that the immune system can rebound into autoimmunity following benzo withdrawal.

Like many others, I have been diagnosed with autoimmune issues that were not present prior to benzo withdrawal. I have been taking low dose naltrexone for the autoimmune issues, but I can't say whether it has been helpful or not until I get my labs done again in a few months.

I would have loved to post in the success stories section, but I still have a few lingering issues that were not an issue prior to benzo withdrawal

These include: inability to handle stress, eczema, acne, hives, hashimotos disease, night sweats, headaches, heart palpitations, sensitivity to light, mild memory issues, fatigue and cracking joints.

However, I can handle those symptoms and I'm very very grateful to have had the horrifying psychological aspects of benzo withdrawal finally dissipate.

I'm not saying that everybody here should take a bunch of antivirals and they'll be cured.

I'm just recounting my own experience and what worked for me.

I consider myself very lucky!

congratulations! I think we are all different in our taper and our recovery. We have to keep trying until we find what works for "us". I am just past 10 months and doing well. I have tried a CBD, L-thanine, magnesium etc. Not sure if they helped but they didnt hurt me. Exercise is really important IMO.

Congratulations and keep updating, these the of posts give people HOPE! I know it kept me motivated.

Good luck.

congratulations! I think we are all different in our taper and our recovery. We have to keep trying until we find what works for "us". I am just past 10 months and doing well. I have tried a CBD, L-thanine, magnesium etc. Not sure if they helped but they didnt hurt me. Exercise is really important IMO.

Congratulations and keep updating, these the of posts give people HOPE! I know it kept me motivated.

Good luck.

I'm so glad to hear that you're doing well too!

It doesn't feel like you'll ever make it out alive when you're in the thick of benzo withdrawal, but healing happens.

CBD oil became a godsend for me when the insomnia hit.

Magnesium is awesome too and I take it daily.

Keeping busy was helpful for me too. It was really hard to stay focused and get my school work done, but I felt even worse over break with nothing to keep my mind occupied.

Thank you for sharing this.  I am not currently taking anything but have had EBV flare ups in the past. My face is a blistery mess right now as I get this rash every winter around my mouth.  For sure it is related to ENV.  Good to know about not taking lysine long term.  I am not ready to start taking my lysine yet as I just am at 50 days off.  Appreciate your knowledge.❤