Nineteen months off and 90% healed

[fr...]

Hello everyone I’m pill free almost nineteen months now after over thirty years in V and recovering well except for a few minor symptoms like muscle pains and aches,wishing everyone the best of luck and to let you all know that there is recovery from this terrible withdrawal which takes time and lots of positivity ☘️☘️

Hi frank222018,

Thank you for letting us know you're doing well, people need to hear it's possible to get past this nightmare.  :thumbsup:

Pamster

frank, stories like this give people hope. And in the middle of the battle hope can be big!

Congratulations...keep us posted...keep giving people hope..

Thanks for this.  I am 18 months off after a long struggle.  I have been staying in bed most of the day listening to audiobooks to distract myself.  I had some windows, but have been in a wave for the last two months.  I logged on here and got to the protracted withdrawal symptom area and really got scared.  I read something about somebody who was still sick after 10 years! I went to your post, because next month I will be where you are.  I really calmed down, especially after seeing you were a long term user.  I have to get better, I just HAVE to.  My husband is a wonderful man, and he is 72 and I am 67.  We don't have that many years left together.  We have money set aside for retirement, and want to travel and live life to the fullest.  This miserable benzo flu is holding me back.  I really hope I will be better at 19 months like you are. 

Thank you, Frank.  I am 18 months off and presently going through a bad stretch.  Lay in bed most of the day listening to audiobooks.  Have to drag myself into the shower.  Am waiting for a window and the end to this.  Hopefully in a few more moths this will be all over and I can be a productive person again.  Marja