40 days and 40 nights off Valium .

[ch...]

I have been tapering valium for ever , well not quite but it feels that way , 20  long months on the drug, 

3-4 months before tapering the rest in  a taper from just 4mgs. Followed by 40 days taper

I naively thought that as I had so many symptoms even though tapering slowly, that it would not get worse , but it is harder,  Guess that  is how it can be for some post taper. 

It's not letting  go easily .

I wonder how long this post acute stage lasts?

Just trying to survive a minute at a time till it eases,

My only distraction is BB and walking,  I can read late evening but as yet that is it.

I so want to be well again and hope this dies down a bit soon,  I guess it's early days yet though, and I am drug free at last . so that has to be good, I am on no other meds at all. 

Jen

Congratulations on your freedom. I've been following you and I know you've had it really tough. I will be jumping in a month after over 2 and a half year's taper from an accidental CT from valium. My ride has been the usual ups and downs, with the last few months falling into a sort of pattern and lessening sx. I hope it doesn't worsen when I jump as I need to be functional .

Again, well done and hang in there.  :thumbsup::);D

Congratulations on your freedom. I've been following you and I know you've had it really tough. I will be jumping in a month after over 2 and a half year's taper from an accidental CT from valium. My ride has been the usual ups and downs, with the last few months falling into a sort of pattern and lessening sx. I hope it doesn't worsen when I jump as I need to be functional .

Again, well done and hang in there.  :thumbsup::);D

Thank you for your message, it's very kind,  Yes it been really hard and not getting easier as yet, 

It is the way it is , I had to get off the drug as I was ill on it anyway.

Suffering a lot tonight, with severe tinnitus and numbness, plus the usual overpowering fear,  lots of other things I wont go into,  Just hoping they will ease down soon.

If symptoms have been lessening for you that's a great sign, 

For sure not everyone becomes worse, I really couldn't expect much different but had hoped it would ease a little

Maybe tomorrow, it will, Ever hopeful and it is very early days.

Well done for coming to the end of your taper. I think you will do very well

Jen

Made day 46, free from valium 

Got to keep going,  It was a long taper that seemed to go on forever from  a small dose, but here I am on the way to getting my life back.

It's not easy  but now all I have to do is heal .

For those following behind me,  keep going . you can do it if I can . at 75 in June

Jen

Got to keep going,  It was a long taper that seemed to go on forever from  a small dose, but here I am on the way to getting my life back.

For those following behind me,  keep going . you can do it if I can . at 75 in June

Jen

Congratulations on 46 days off.  You can do it. 

Final Healing

Thank you kindly 

It's tough each day. Hoping for better ones , Just  minute at a time for now till I get there

Jen

Jen

Congratulations on 46 days off.  You can do it. 

Final Healing

That's all you can do my friend, keep going! I know it is tough still but you are doing it!!! I'm hoping some windows will come your way soon! ❤🤗😘

That's all you can do my friend, keep going! I know it is tough still but you are doing it!!! I'm hoping some windows will come your way soon! ❤🤗😘

[/quote

Thank you for your kind words of support, 

Phew this is tough but got to keep going, 

Just developed a cold, Lots of sneezing and a  sore throat, . I don't understand this at all, I haven't been anywhere to catch one..  just around the block, My trusty phone and me.

Guess it could count as a distraction? 

Jen

day 47 almost over

Congratulations on your Celebration of 40 days and 40 nights off Valium!  Great job doing a slow careful taper too. 

It's so hard not being able to predict how long withdrawal will last -  it's up there as one of the hardest parts of this.  But you'll get through this by doing as you suggest to others, "keep going". It's going to be so worth it.  You're on your way!  :thumbsup:

Wishing you some wonderful windows soon,

Brighterday

Congratulations on your Celebration of 40 days and 40 nights off Valium!  Great job doing a slow careful taper too. 

It's so hard not being able to predict how long withdrawal will last -  it's up there as one of the hardest parts of this.  But you'll get through this by doing as you suggest to others, "keep going". It's going to be so worth it.  You're on your way!  :thumbsup:

Wishing you some wonderful windows soon,

Brighterday

Thank you for the message,

7 weeks off today , and it's tough waiting for some sign of healing, but that is all I can do.

I am plagued by the usual doubts that it can't  all be withdrawal , it has to be my original condition, or it's some other serious illness going on, 

My ears get worse and worse as do all my symptoms but then that is how I am viewing it, and I am not seeing the overall picture but the day to day ,

I am trying to stay positive but as you say it's the not knowing how long it will last.

Got to believe it wont be too long,  Maybe tomorrow some little thing will be better 

Looking forward to getting my life back

Thanks again

Jen

Warrior on!

Thank you Bnotafraid

7 weeks off today ,

Warrior on is all I can at the moment, 

As long as all this is normal at this time then I have to keep fighting the battle in order to win. Winning is the name of the game . and I intend to 

[1d...]

Jen

You hang in there...it gets better slowly so dang slowly!  Don't watch or read anything that scares you!  It just feeds the FEAR!  I was in rough shape at 7weeks....you just keep telling yourself that these are withdrawal sx!  The thoughts are a withdrawal sx!  Distract yourself as much as you can!  Read the Ashton Manual and Hang on!✌️💜🙏

B

Warrior on!

Thank you Bnotafraid

7 weeks off today ,

As long as all this is normal at this time then I have to keep fighting the battle in order to win. Winning is the name of the game . and I intend to

Love this statement, Jen!!!! ❤

Jen

You hang in there...it gets better slowly so dang slowly!  Don't watch or read anything that scares you!  It just feeds the FEAR!  I was in rough shape at 7weeks....you just keep telling yourself that these are withdrawal sx!  The thoughts are a withdrawal sx!  Distract yourself as much as you can!  Read the Ashton Manual and Hang on!✌️💜🙏

B

Thank you for your message.

I am sad to hear that you were in rough shape at 7 weeks off, but relieved to know it's not just me.

It's hard to avoid the scary stuff, but I will try.

Oh for a window where I know I am healing. There must be one hiding there somewhere. Or maybe I will just move forward healing  slowly, till one day all this  will be gone.

Longing for that day

Jen 

I

Warrior on!

Thank you Bnotafraid

7 weeks off today ,

Love this statement, Jen!!!! ❤

[/quote

Warrior on

Got no choice but to do it.

Hoping for a sign of healing soon.

53 days today

We have to do this

Jen