0.25mg Ativan to Valium crossover, how do I crossover?

[te...]

Good day,

Thank you guys for this wonderful community. I am currently on 0.25mg Ativan taken once a day at 11pm at night(9 months on Ativan). I have the valium to crossover. I just don't know how to do the crossover to minimize anxiety symptoms. I know how to do the Ashton protocol for the taper though. Can someone please help me with a plan for the crossover? Thanks so much for your time and help I really appreciate it.

Nick

Hi Nick. Glad you’re here for support.

Just asking...are you certain you want to cross to Valium? According to this table https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm from the Ashton Manual, you‘d cross to 2.5mg of Valium. That’s how small .25mg of Ativan is. 

Most people mention how depressing Valium is, especially at first.  It’s long-acting, which means corrections to cuts can take days to manifest.

Have you considered dry-cutting by shaving off tiny bits with a razor, using a scale to weigh your pills? 

Challis

Good day,

I have one prescription left of ativan and thats all my doctor will prescribe. So I have to convert unfortunately. I am having interdose withdrawals as I am reaching tolerance. I figured going to a longer lasting benzo would make the withdrawal easier. Would a four week crossover be enough time?

Nick