Shakiness/lightheadedness

[Ez...]

Day 19 off clonazepam and the past several days I've been constantly shaky (not intensely so, but enough to affect me when walking up and down stairs or doing simple stretches or things like trimming my nails and writing) and generally lightheaded (feel a bit spacey and distant). How common is it for this to persist without a "window" of normalcy at this stage?

Hello Ezralit,

I think that everyone's experience is different but drawing from my own personal experience, I'm about 1.5 - 2 months off of Ativan and I am still shaky and lightheaded, dizzy, spacey, etc.  There have been improvements in my cognitive abilities, but there is still a ways to go. I think at day 19 you are still in early days, and things should improve over time, so hang in there!

Day 19 off clonazepam and the past several days I've been constantly shaky (not intensely so, but enough to affect me when walking up and down stairs or doing simple stretches or things like trimming my nails and writing) and generally lightheaded (feel a bit spacey and distant). How common is it for this to persist without a "window" of normalcy at this stage?

I am doing quotes because I am so tired. 1o9 days off benzos is really, really, "short time." You may still be in acute withdrawal, which usually when the worst symptoms occur. What you are experiencing is totally normal. Understand that things COULD get worse for a while, and do not worry about that, as everyone does heal. Personally, I wish I had felt that way at 19 days!

east