Ativan Taper

[te...]

I saw that Benzo Buddies is the best forum for Benzo recovery. I am on Ativan 0.25mg for 9 months. I have the Valium to crossover I was hoping to get suggestions for the crossover. I haven’t started the taper yet because I don’t know the correct way to crossover. Thank you so much for your consideration.

Hello texasnick, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've joined us, and yes, we think we're the best forum, although it's sad there is such a need for us.  We can help you taper from the Ativan with a cross to Valium, Ativan is such a short acting drug, it can make it a bit more challenging to taper from, those interdose withdrawals can be uncomfortable.

The Ashton Manual has a sample schedule from Ativan to Valium you can look at, it's a higher dose than yours, but it will give you an idea of what you're looking at.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s8

We typically suggest cutting your dose by about 5-10% every week or two, cut this should be dependent on your symptoms, we need to remain functional.  When you're ready, please start a thread on the  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) board for suggestions from our members, and if you'd like to talk about possible symptoms you may be facing, you can post on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) area of the forum.

Let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Thank you Pamster! Cool name by the way! Thanks for all your help, you are helping people so much by doing what your doing. I appreciate you.

Nick