Tapering 3 mg alprazolam, 1.5 years of use

[Mi...]

Hello everyone, I have just started tapering off 3 mg alprazolam. I am micro tapering and still I am finding about a 1 percent reduction a week comes with side effects. I know it didnt help that I was in tolerance withdrawal when I started. I will get through this. It's frustrating family members (my wife ) wont read anything about how challenging this is or offer any support even though she has seen first hand this is not easy. That's why it's great for places like this where people understand how tough this is. I have to stay employed and really cant afford to change my routine to rest more. I am also the father of 4 kids that are used to me being their support for all their activities. Any positive feedback would be great. Feeling worn out from this slow healing process, thanks

Hi Miles6,

I'm sorry to hear your family isn't more supportive but this is very common, so try not to take it personally, we're here to help you through this.  Your family can't see your injury and not everyone who takes these drugs will have a problem getting off of them, so we're left on our own to figure out a way through it.

Tapering minimizes symptoms, it doesn't eliminate them, I wish there was a way out of this without pain, but I've not seen that very often. 

You will get through this but if your symptoms get to be too much for you, slow it down, the important thing is for you to remain functional so you can take care of yourself and your family.

Pamster

I agree with Pamster...continue the course slowly, holding if things get rough.  As long as you are slowly reducing your dose, your body will begin to reverse the changes the Xanax has caused. Turtles win this race, not rabbits...just like in the children’s story.

:smitten:

I fine just take it slow keep your mind busy don’t analyze it too much that’s what helped me the most try to ignore what it’s doing to you.