Brachycardia

[Tr...]

A heart test while undergoing tests for Lyme's showed I have Brachycardia: meaning something with the heart. It slows down the heartbeat. Mine is 60 bpm in rest. So not too bad. I never knew there was something wrong,  but the test showed it by accident.

I was sure I 'd seen this symptom being mentioned somewhere,  it being a wd symptom. Googled it and found out, Diazepam itself can cause it. So not too worried yet. There's three stages: the last one needing a pacemaker. Does anyone else have this: Brachycardia? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have read of heart rates all over the map. I went in for an unrelated Tx and my heart rate was 38. Normally, being a hyper person, it's 80s. I was too weak to stand up. I jumped from xanax Jan 20 after an 8 month taper and the HR and my wildly fluctuating BP have settled down and completely normal. You might find some answers under "support groups" and scroll down for heart irregularities, palpitations, etc. The fears that go along with this mess can be worse than the sxs. It's such a journey. Good luck with everything!!!

I, too, have read of heart rates all over the map. When I was in the hospital (right after getting off Klonopin), a nurse told me that when asleep my heart rate was 48. Usually I've had heart rates in the 60s, but it's still bouncing around.

What I don't care for is this fear-mongering that goes on because doctors are not versed in benzo symptoms. So they scare people half to death telling them they need pacemakers or some such thing.

I would say this is a benzo symptom. Some really, really odd and terrifying symptoms come along during benzo withdrawal/recovery until you are healed.

I agree with Success.

Hi.... my heart rate is always slow (52 beats minute).  It always has been.  My Mom's is slow too.  She's 97 years old.  Hers is about the same.

I didn't know there was a name for it.  It has never been a problem.  Since withdrawal and taper, it has increased a a bit - to 60, but it skyrockets, along with blood pressure during stress.  No doctor has ever mentioned it.  Maybe its OK?

Hi all,

Thanks for responding.

Becks, you're right, slow heartbeat is called bradychardia.

Saw the cardiologist this last Thursday: it was nothing to worry about. He called it:" a variation of the normal". Had my heart checked 5 years ago ( had forgotten all about that)  but he compared the two tests: exactly the same result. Because of it being completely harmless, they hadn't even mentioned it back then. So, one less thing to worry about.

I told him I have health anxiety. Worrying about every physical symptom. Just to put my mind at ease even more, he suggested doing an echo sound test next week. So after that I can let it go.

My doc a few years ago had me stand up and then he immediately checked my heartrate with his stethoscope and then diagnosed me with Paroxysmal Tachycardia.