21 months off

[bl...]

21 months off benzos all I can say is things are slowly getting better. What  helped me is walking exposure therapy talking with  people on benzo buddies and benzo buddies as a whole if it wasn’t for benzo buddies I probably would not know what was really wrong with me and what damage the benzos did to  my brain. But I have a hope now that I will eventually return to 100%  the person I used to be. I want to stay positive  I’m a true believer now that time is the healer your brain needs to heal.

Hey Bluepm!  Nice to hear from you.  Wow, 21 months.  I am so glad to hear things are getting slowly better.  I gotta say I agree with you that time is the healer. 

Hey Bluepm!  Nice to hear from you.  Wow, 21 months.  I am so glad to hear things are getting slowly better.  I gotta say I agree with you that time is the healer.

Hi Bluepm,

I agree, we are healing (step by step)!!!

See my profile, I've on benzo all my life...and slowly, after one year of taper, I am feeling each day better. Of course I still have symptoms...but they are each day less aggressive...

Anxiety sucks.  Sorry you are still dealing with it.  Please continue to find non drug ways to deal with it.  One thing that I did that worked, was to imagine the anxiety was happening to someone else and I was observing and "feeling" that anxiety as an "outsider" even though it was really happening to me.  I could compartmentalize it some doing that.  It didn't make it go away, but it was much easier to deal with.  It took some time to get that technique down, but once I did, it helped a lot!  Hang in there!

Hi. I am 18 months. I’m not totally OK yet, but the horror is gone. No DP or DR or psychosis. No dizziness and falls. A lot of tebound anxiety, tinnitus, super bad fatique, depression. Hopeful for the future. Taking one day at a time.