2nd Month Tapering

[De...]

Hello,

I want to join BenzoBuddies to help with my Xanax taper and symptoms. This is my 2nd month tapering Xanax, starting at 2mg and I'm now at 1.75mg. I've been taking Xanax for insomnia for approximately 20 years. In addition, I stopped taking Flexerill and Cymbalta (for back and nerve pain) over a year ago. I'm having trouble with back and leg pain but don't want to take Flexerill and/or Cymbalta. I'm dealing with the pain with ice packs and epsom salt baths but have upcoming travel planned and am worried about handling all the walking, sitting in cramped airplane, etc. Any advice on tapering and pain problems would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Hello Dennison10, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us, I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with so much pain, why did you decide to taper from the Xanax, has it been causing you problems?  I can understand why you're nervous about your trip, there is a lot of opportunity for discomfort when it comes to traveling.

We can help you with your taper, if you'll take a look at our  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) board, you'll see the methods we support and if you'd like suggestions, you can start a thread.

Also, if you'd like to talk about your symptoms, you can start a thread on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) area of the forum, you'll be among people who understand what you're going through.

Let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Thank you for the info. I decided to stop taking Xanax as I have a strong family history of Alzheimer's (several family members afflicted) and it was recommended to stop taking drugs like Xanax which aren't good for the brain.