Klonopin 9 weeks

[Un...]

I joined today after reading about all of the successful stories I read as a guest. I figured it’s better to get off these ASAP. Only taking 1mg for sleep. Seems already to be causing issues. Been on three antidepressants after getting anxiety from rotator cuff surgery 10/02/19. Zoloft, then Lexapro and then Cymbalta. All gives me tinnitus. Just want off everything now. I am seeing psychiatrist Monday to develop a taper. God help me.

Hello Unclbiki, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I can see you're on a bunch of medications, but can you tell us what benzo you're on, it will help us figure out what you can expect from your taper.  And can you tell us how long you've been on the benzo?

I'm glad to know you've read the success stories, they kept me going when things were too much for me. 

We suggest only reducing your dose by about 5-10% every week to 10 days, this is to minimize symptoms and keep us functional.  It might be a good idea to check out our  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) board before you visit your Dr on Monday, that way you can work out your taper together, patient input is very important.

How is your rotator cuff now, are you out of that contraption yet?

Let us know how we can help you.

Pamster

Thanks, that helps.  You'll want to do a fairly rapid taper then, are you experiencing any strange symptoms?  We need to figure out if your body has become tolerant to or dependent on the Clonazepam.

Hey, great news about the rotator cuff, now to just get off of the nasty Clonazepam.

Ok, if I don’t take the whole 1 mg, I don’t sleep as well, also noticed heightened anxiety during the last couple of days. The other night I cut the pill in half and sleep was worse.

Anxiety and insomnia are withdrawal symptoms, so it sounds like your body has developed a dependence.  I'd still suggest a fairly rapid taper, we don't want to see you on the drug any longer than necessary. 

You might try cutting your pill into quarters and taking one quarter less each night for a few days.  You'll need to resign yourself to the fact that you're not going to get much sleep as you do this, and the anxiety is going to be uncomfortable but this is what you have to do to get free from the Clonazepam.  If however your symptoms become unmanageable, you may need to slow your taper down.  Even though you've only been on the drug for a short time, you need to remain functional if you're ready to go back to work.