Hello, I am new to Benzo Buddies. and desperately need help.

[ra...]

When i was a teenager my mother would give me Valium when I was upset. For 30 years I have been on and off it. Now I am desperately trying to get off and I have only been able to get down to 3 to 4 mg a day, therefore i'm in a constant withdrawal state.

I have been trying to cut the pills and taper, but it hasn't worked. I have all of the horrible withdrawal symptoms...unless I take a 1 mg Valium  to feel normal.

I found out about the liquid tapering method from the CNN Lisa Lang documentary

and although I am terrible at math I am  desperately wanting to try it.

I also saw the name Benzo Buddies on that TV show.

There are no Pills Anonymous Meetings near me. No Dr seems to be aware of the length of time it takes to get off Valium or of the liquid tapering measure for someone who has been on benzos for so long.

I am in the Sherman Oaks, Ca area...near Los Angeles, Ca.

I would be so grateful if someone out there could contact me and help.

The Re Hab places here that insurance would cover are not good and no nothing about the micro liquid tapering,. The Valium is making my life worse at this point.

Thanks so much!

Hello radha gita, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've found us, and yes, we understand what many in the medical community do not and we'll help you figure out a safe and slow taper.  Your length of use will necessitate a slow taper, this will help you remain functional as you do this.

We are an anonymous forum, so we strongly discourage members from revealing their identity, many of us are very vulnerable in this condition, so it's best to protect ourselves.  But, you won't need in person support, you'll get all you need here.

Please read about our methods of taper plans here:  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) Then when you're ready you can start a thread asking members for suggestions.

You can also post on the Withdrawal Support (during your taper) board, there you'll find many others who understand what you're going through.

Let us know what we can do for you.

Pamster