Hello

[Vo...]

Very happy to meet you all

I have been on  Xanax .5mg  (taken never more than once per day since Nov 25) for about 8 weeks.  Took a total of 20 Xanax - always .5 mg at night for sleep.  During this period I also mixed in 13 Ambien on some days where I did not take Xanax. This last month I have tried to reduce, and have only had 2 ambiens and 2 xanax. My psychatrist says I could not become addicted at this low dose but I have started to experience dysphoria and horrible insomnia. I want to taper and get off as quickly as possible. I'm hopeful that the low dose means I can deal with any tapering. In desperate need of some guidance on what to do.   

Hello VonDark, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm happy to hear you want off of these drugs, many here wish we would have gotten off much sooner than we did.  You've been on the drugs long enough for your body to have developed a dependence on them, you're not addicted, but your body is expecting them. But given your short time of use, a rapid taper may be in order.

Do you have an adequate supply of both to do a taper, can you let us know what you have available to you?

We'll be happy to help you with a taper plan, if you'll start a thread on the  Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans) under the direct taper tab, someone will be along to help you.

We're glad you found us, let us know how we can help.

Pamster