Irritability and extreme anger

[st...]

Does anyone have this?  I’ve never been an angry person but I feel like I can’t deal with any amount of stress or I get unreasonably angry. Especially when people say to just take a benzo for things to get better.

Unfortunately this is totally normal, But it will pass! Your brain just needs time to balance your emotions. Its the only time in my life were I would describe myself as having rage. I no longer have it. This will get better.

Unfortunately this is totally normal, But it will pass! Your brain just needs time to balance your emotions. Its the only time in my life were I would describe myself as having rage. I no longer have it. This will get better.

I’m glad that got better for you!  How long did it take?  It feels very reminiscent of autism to me as weird as that sounds and I’m having these really weird freak outs.

I dont believe it was more than 2 or 3 months. I noticed this was just one emotion out of many my brain was trying to regulate. Just like experiencing extreme joy that would bring me to tears or sadness like I never felt before. Anger/rage was no different as far as experiencing extremes of the emotion over nothing at all most of the time, Or over something that was stewing in my thoughts that I was blowing way out of perportion. At 11 months off of Benzos I feel my emotions are really close to "Normal". I still get windows and waves. Do your best to reconize your in a process. This process needs to play out to get better. Do your best to keep your emotions in check around people as they could not possibly understand what we are going threw. If needed find healthy ways of dealing with anger or aggression. Most important this will pass.  As it has for me. It may not stop all at once, but one day you will stop and notice you dont get angry like you used to. This gets better!