Lorazepam taper - need advice

[fc...]

[fc...]

I've  hit a bit of a snag and could do with some advice.  I'm tapering from 2mg lorazepam after about 5 weeks use, decreasing/stopping .5mg a week.  Doc wants me off it in a month and when I posted in the direct taper thread, I was advised that it was probably better to taper quickly, since I've only been on it a short time. 

Anyway, 1st week went fine and I was able to gradually cut down (I'm using a scale) and then stop one of my .5mg tablets with no obvious issues.  However, I've been following the same procedure for cutting down/out the 2nd .5mg dose this week and I'm having increasing stomach issues - nausea, loose bowels, indigestion etc and am now struggling to eat properly (again - this has been an issue on various medications since last summer.  Eating issues are part of my anxiety disorder, so this is causing me some distress).

I'm also on 10mg vortioxetine (Trintellix/Brintellix) and had nausea with that initially,  although it was definitely improving before this week and I was eating OK.  I'm also on my 2nd month of oral HRT - Femoston 1/10 - and this week started the progesterone part of the cycle, which can cause upset stomach etc., however, I certainly didn't notice anything like this last month.  I'm saying all this because the stomach issues COULD be related to other meds but were OK/manageable before I started the 2nd taper.

So, do I hold for a bit and see if the stomach issues settle, bearing in mind that the advice I was given initially was to do a quicker taper, since I haven't been on the lorazepam that long?  I also don't know whether it is relevant or not and I didn't think of it when I first posted, but I was on 3.75-5.62mg zopiclone for 4-5 weeks and switched straight from that to the lorazepam,with no withdrawal or taper.  Would this be causing more of a w/d effect now?

Any advice would be appreciated - doc isn't that helpful.

Gosh, I wish there was a clear answer, but given that there are other meds involved it’s hard to know for sure which might be causing the stomach issues.

If it were me I think I might hold for just a couple of days before cutting again. GI issues are common in withdrawal from benzodiazepines but given your short use, it could well be the other medications.

Also given your short use I wouldn’t want to prolong the Ativan use, so that has to be factored in as well.

Keep us posted...  :thumbsup: