Migraines, Sensitivity to light 2 mnth after valium free -20 mg X day X 2.5 yrs

[...]

Hi All,

Have had migraines / bad headaches and severe sensitivity to light - feel like I could have a seizure (had these as a child). Didn't have migraines / headaches / light sensitivity during tapering or for 2 months after withdrawal. Suddenly bad. Also numbness everywhere, particularly face and throat, cramping hands, head feels top heavy to body.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any idea how likely this is post withdrawal and how likely something else ? (tumor, MS, stroke, aneurysm) ?

Psychiatrist thinks it is likely something new or something else that was happening while on Valium but only now noticing, OR something new because of Valium changing brain.

Could a reinstatement and then taper help? Doc is suggesting possibly taking 2 mg only when symptoms are severe, but not to assume it is benzo related.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Feel worse than ever. : (

[57...]
Yes and I had 3 cat scans and they were all normal , this crap makes you think crazy things . But in time you will know it’s just wd and you will get through it .

Hi All,

Have had migraines / bad headaches and severe sensitivity to light - feel like I could have a seizure (had these as a child). Didn't have migraines / headaches / light sensitivity during tapering or for 2 months after withdrawal. Suddenly bad. Also numbness everywhere, particularly face and throat, cramping hands, head feels top heavy to body.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Any idea how likely this is post withdrawal and how likely something else ? (tumor, MS, stroke, aneurysm) ?

Psychiatrist thinks it is likely something new or something else that was happening while on Valium but only now noticing, OR something new because of Valium changing brain.

Could a reinstatement and then taper help? Doc is suggesting possibly taking 2 mg only when symptoms are severe, but not to assume it is benzo related.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Feel worse than ever. : (

Wow! i sure am glad I found this post!

Ive been very confused until I read this post.

I have been off of valium since October 27, 2019.  That’s about almost 3 mos now.

Two weeks ago I started getting headaches.

Ive always gotten migraines after eating chocolate, msg, or high fructose corn syrup. And I have prescription meds for that.

But I started getting these headaches even when I am positive I did not let any of these mentioned additives or foods pass my lips! But the headaches keep coming, and the prescription I have does not help these headaches much at all. And they come every single Day! 

I also have gotten, for the last week, dizziness, light headedness, and the feeling that my head is to heavy for my neck to hold up! My fingers get buzzy pins and needles and sometimes numb.

This all sounds a lot like your symptoms.

I am so very sorry that this is all happening to you, but it’s good to know that what I am experiencing is probably benzo recovery wdsx.

It’s also strange that for the first 2 months after I jumped off the valium, I had next to no wdsx at all (except for about 6 hours of internal trembles). So from no wdsx, when I thought I was in the clear, to now this!

I sure hope these headaches and the dizziness go away, . I have been able to work throughout my      3 1/2 year taper, but I actually missed work on Friday because of my dizziness.

I hope your wdsx go away soon and your recovery is smooth and wdsx fee from here on.  We’ve both come this far. I’m sure we can get through this too.

Lots of Strength, perseverance and patience to you my friend. Hope all goes well,

HEATHCLIFF :hug: :hug: :smitten:

One more thing I forgot to add....

Throughout my taper I often had a very achy neck. I found that a soft neck collar, the kind people wear after a car accident, helped me very very much. They are available at most large chain pharmacy stores like Rite Aid and CVS (if you live in the USA.)

I recommend trying it. It’s worth a try. ...can’t hurt....and might give you relief. It was quite a life saver for me, and I have been using it AGAIN!

Heathcliff :smitten::thumbsup:

Sounds like classic withdrawal symptoms to me. Have you read Sofakingdone’s post at the top of this section? And Parker’s? You must. Also go to benzofree.org and listen to the podcasts and read the book.

I am sure all of this will give you as much peace of mind as you can get with recovery. It’s a tough road with lots of bumps but it can be done.

And if you’re still scared then go to the doctor and get tested. Stress is your enemy in this process so you must reduce it.

Good luck

G

One more thing I forgot to add....

Throughout my taper I often had a very achy neck. I found that a soft neck collar, the kind people wear after a car accident, helped me very very much. They are available at most large chain pharmacy stores like Rite Aid and CVS (if you live in the USA.)

I recommend trying it. It’s worth a try. ...can’t hurt....and might give you relief. It was quite a life saver for me, and I have been using it AGAIN!

Heathcliff :smitten::thumbsup: