Stabilizing

[Li...]

Hi,  my doctor has kept me at my current taper dose of klonopin going on 3 months now. The plan was for a monthly reduction of .25mg.  Because I am so symptomatic from withdrawal    I really hoped I would have stabilized by now but I still feel sick.  Its really depressing to think I might have to continue to hold for who knows how long.  I've been having thoughts of giving up and going back up.  .arrrggg.

Hi Lizzygirl,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time, but it sounds like you have an understanding Dr so that's a plus.  We have a Long Hold Support thread if you'd like to talk to others in your situation.  Heck, we even have an up-dose group, but why don't you check with the long hold folks, hopefully they can give you some reassurance.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.0

Pamster

I have been in the same boat.  .75 worked for a while. Switched to Valium because Klonopin making me sick.  Did not work.  Then to Librium,

however hate the side effects. Doctor may put me back on Klonopin up at the dose to a higher dose then taper.  Your not alone  This sucks.

How much stress do you have in your life?

Hi,  my doctor has kept me at my current taper dose of klonopin going on 3 months now. The plan was for a monthly reduction of .25mg.  Because I am so symptomatic from withdrawal    I really hoped I would have stabilized by now but I still feel sick.  Its really depressing to think I might have to continue to hold for who knows how long.  I've been having thoughts of giving up and going back up.  .arrrggg.

What is your current dose, is it still .75, have you made any reductions, and if you have, was it the whole .25?

You may have to continue your taper and feel crappy at the same time. I found that there was no such thing as stabilizing, just not feeling as crappy. I would hold for 3 weeks or so until I at least felt a little better. Then I would start again because I was so determined to quit the poison. You're probably never going to feel great, so might as well go for it if you can