Groin/hip pain ??

[Oc...]

Anyone else get tendons and muscles in the groin all of a sudden go super tight and painful? Down to 1.29mg and I’ve had it 2 months now

Battling it is mentally exhausting! I won’t stop battling but anyone else experience this ?? Thanks

Sorry to hear that ! When did yours start ? Mine hit at 1.35mg diazepam I had

Ankles from 10 to 3

Arms all the way through

Then I felt great for six weeks then bang the groin, butt and rear legs

Difficult because was on Benzos for muscle probs.

Mid back and shoulders been bad for decades cadets.

Also was off completely and reinstated because of severe causes Nora tyre of whole right side and dystonia through whole truck, pelvis, neck.

Went back on low dose but adverse reaction to taking it now.

Tapering from different benzo after third reinstayement because muscle stuff so s verse it is forcing vertebra out.

Got down to 1.15mgs diazepam a few months ago and Neuro tried every other muscle relaxant but terrible reactions to them all.

Literally got to position where couldn’t lie on back with legs up or sides and so tried to reinstate again.

Now still very bad and on 0.56mgs Clonazepam.

For me it is all of it all the time. Just gets worse as get lower on dose but since everything g went so rigid when dose all muscles collapse and joints collapse. Arches in feet collapsed as dod jaw joint when last reinstatement. Ribs pulled out.

It is horrific.

Terrible sciatica as get lower which was what had surgery for and disc in spinal canal - that lead to whole back seizing up and was put on Benzos.

She’d never have tried to get off.

Bloody hell !

I had been bad for years but never knew it ! I moved and doctors didn’t want to prescribe it so the battle started

In the plus I feel me again ! It’s just waiting for the pain to end !!!! Two months in the groin isn’t pleasant at all especially when it vibrates and tightens randomly

Yup.

Groin, especially on the R side in the crease where my leg meets my torso, over the femoral artery. Buttocks, especially on the R side, sciatic nerve area maybe, and upper glute.

It undulates in intensity. It can get to be really painful and uncomfortable.

I actually just heated up a clay pack to lay on for a bit to help it out a little, and thought I’d check in on bb and saw this post - tahaha.

And L calf twitches and spasms and feels like there’s a band tight around it.

And both elbows, tho at this moment they aren’t as bad as they were last year or two weeks ago.

Have you found any methods that help with it for you?

Hi,

Feet, legs, glutes,  hips, back, arms, elbows, shoulders, neck, chest, wrists,  all bloody painful and muscles getting more tight all the time, especially thigh muscles. Feels like bones are hurting too. Walking has become very difficult and painful.

And now sleep has become crap. No joy for the wicked...

Interesting post. What does the benzos do to your body to cause this? I wonder if it's number of years on benzos, amount being taken, etc.

No not found anything that helps

Hurts  more when sat down and in bed actual standing is ok

Walk-ing can be very painful so restrictive atm

Stretching is all I’m doing atm and I wonder if that’s good or bad 🤦‍♂️ The muscles just want to lock ! If I make it to the other side I will be truly empowered from this experience

Anyone who can get through this can achieve anything

I may try diet etc I still have coffee (am) only which mentally I’m ok on ! But I haven’t cut all crap food out ! Maybe that’s a plan of action though my brain is telling me ? Shits gonna hurt untill it’s been ripped from my body !

Bummer dude.

I was wondering if stretching was good or bad as well. In theory, mild to moderate stretching should be fine, so long as it doesn’t bring on pain. Lol. Tho, if we are already experiencing pain, that kinda goes to the wayside. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to so many of these symptoms. Seems like we get what we get, and try to mitigate the symptoms as best as possible. Heat probably isn’t helping me per se, though it’s distracting from the symptoms. Even if just a little bit. There is something to be said for healthy distraction!

I don’t know if this next bit has any validity or not. Someone on here had posted how they took Benfotiamine for nerve symptoms. I’m gona research it a bit more, and maybe try it. Just throwing that out there. Again, I have no idea.

And solidly, eating healthy is key to life, ya. That seems worth do’n dude:)

• 2 weeks later...
I have been micro tapering diazepam pills for almost two years. Started tapering at 5mg. When I got to 1mg I started experiencing nerve pain in my groin and it has progressed to burning pain in my trunk and hip flexors. It feels like I have a severe sun burn on my hips and trunk. Despite the pain I am continuing to taper. I am at 0.50mg of diazepam. I do a lot of stretching exercises and I apply a heating pad to my back and hips. I also take turmeric pills for inflammation which seems to help. Hope you get through this. It will pass. Hang in there!

I'm at 1.6 mg valium and am experiencing this as well. For me it's

also tendon pain and joint pain. Everything seems to click and pop. Shoulders, elbows, and wrists started at about 4 mg. Hips, knees, neck and ankles started at about 2 mg. Also accompanied by nerve pain and burning patches of skin. I was hoping to get through this without a lot of physical symptoms. It's difficult when the physical and mental symptoms team up. I also get worried about physical symptoms being from health problems other than benzos. When I can't sleep my brain starts telling me it might be cancer, diabetes, torn rotator cuffs, you name it. I think just knowing with surety it was all benzo would be some reassurance, but I can't spend a lot of money on medical tests since I lost my employment to this.

Yes.  Bad last night, right side buttocks and where thigh meets groin.  Back, neck, eyes and forehead always going.  Doctor gave me Robaxin and Gabapentin for relief.  Doesn't work much honestly.  Find most relief using Blu Emu oil on lower back and legs before sleep.  Give it a try, definitely settles things down for me.

Has anyone found a success story of someone who had the extreme tightness, crushing, rigidity through whole body and recovered?

I have not found anyone who had severe muscle problems who recovered.

I know of several ppl who are off 5 years or more and still suffering.

Has anyone found a success story of someone who had the extreme tightness, crushing, rigidity through whole body and recovered?

I have not found anyone who had severe muscle problems who recovered.

I know of several ppl who are off 5 years or more and still suffering.

Ajusta: This is difficult to know because muscle problems are very common. Therefore, they may focus on problems caused by Benzo and recovery?  :)

Before I quit Benzo I had a lot of muscle problems. Many diagnosis associated with pain. Now I feel better, apart from problems due to inactivity. So exercises are important. Bedridden makes me much worse.

Common side effects Diazepam: muscle weakness, spasms and tremors.

So my muscle problems became better when I quit Benzo. I still have problem after an accident and surgery. But after a long time Benzo made my symptoms much worse. I had more problems with side effects than I understood.  :)

I have been micro tapering diazepam pills for almost two years. Started tapering at 5mg. When I got to 1mg I started experiencing nerve pain in my groin and it has progressed to burning pain in my trunk and hip flexors. It feels like I have a severe sun burn on my hips and trunk. Despite the pain I am continuing to taper. I am at 0.50mg of diazepam. I do a lot of stretching exercises and I apply a heating pad to my back and hips. I also take turmeric pills for inflammation which seems to help. Hope you get through this. It will pass. Hang in there!

Ditto for turmeric, and hydro-soluble forms absorb better.

I have had so many muscle problems. My right  achilles tendon tore last august and I am just now getting over that.  It started hurting one morning and it would come and go. The pain started getting worse and one day I ran a short distance and it popped. It hurt so bad I could barely walk on it.

My calves hurt, my lower back, palm of my hand was hurting the other day. My neck muscles have been hurting the last few days causing headaches.  My joints like hip and knee hurt quite a bit --the hip now more than knee. If I sit in certain positions I can barely walk when I get up.

I think these muscles get so tight and the slightest thing can tear them. My back pain has been so severe that I have not been able to lay on it. Then it will just go away for 2 months then come back just as bad as before. Before this taper I had none of these problems.

I do a lot of stretching and exercise. I try to walk as much as I can although the last week or two I just havnt felt like it.

I have this too, throughout body, but worst is hips, butt muscles that spasm so much that my legs twist.

I’ve had symptoms like this which I think were interdose withdrawal for years- but not this severe. I thought the Xanax I was taking was treating the muscle spasming.

Still have a long road but I’m determined to get off.

Here’s what helps me.

CBD oil, I take a pretty high dose 3-4 times a day and it usually give significant relief.i also use a strong CBD  ointment where it hurts that helps a lot.

I walk with my dog every day, about 30 minutes, whether it hurts or not,  I generally feel better afterwards.

I walk in water at a nearby pool- I’m a lifelong swimmer but can only walk just now.  Being in the water and moving my muscles helps.

I have 2 bags filled with rice, that I microwave and sit on, or along my hips, every evening. Also use them at night to get to sleep,  the heat helps relax the spasms.

Also I soak my feet in my whirlpool tub with 3-4 c of Epson salts and hottest water I can stand for 20+ minutes when I can’t stand sitting or lying down. This generally will help significantly.

This is pretty miserable but I’m hoping that symptoms I thought were from back surgery were really from benzos, and may actually end, or at least diminish. When it gets really really bad I hold for a few days which generally improves the intensity of the pain.