Neurofeedback was a Bad Choice

[bo...]

I'm feeling nuts laying in bed right now. It's about 30 hours after I did neurofeedback and I feel I'm losing my mind again. Haven't had a feeling like this since many, many months ago. I keep seeking solutions and nothing helps me. I'm 21 months off benzos and only feel I'm going to get worse and worse. This is torture. I can't sleep. Can't think clearly at all. Don't know what to do anymore.

• 2 months later...

Hi boomboxboy,

How are you feeling? Did the bad side effects from neurofeedback improve? What kind of neurofeedback did you do?

I have done several hundred over the years (purchased a system a while back). Sometimes I feel like it helps, sometimes I feel like it makes it worse.

When did you start to feel “normal” (or baseline) after doing it?

Boom, you have had a really bad time of it. And yet, you keep on going. I find that remarkable and feel you should understand what a strong person you ARE. If you can accept that you ARE that strong, it should make getting through bwd a bit easier. Reward yourself in some small way. What ever floats your boat is fine.

I give you a LOT of credit for  fighting so hard to get through this. You have not given up and reinstated. Thats pretty amazing all by itself.

You know how to reach me, Boom.

east

I keep seeking solutions and nothing helps me.

I think this is the most important part of what you're saying here. The one thing we all know on this forum is that time is the only guaranteed healer. I think it's really admirable that you're trying so many different alternative solutions to feel better faster because of course you don't want to suffer anymore(and you have been for a long time), but you may be stressing yourself out too much in the process and causing flare ups of symptoms. I know this happens to me a lot when I push myself too hard. Symptoms come back that previously went away, etc. I frequently lose hope a lot too. Right now, I'm hoping for 3 years to be my healing mark at the latest, as Baylissa mentioned that is when things started to really turn around for her.

I've told you this before in PM's, but I still highly recommend incorporating a regular yoga practice into your life while you wait to feel better. In my personal experience I think it's the only thing that has helped me heal faster. I hope you feel better soon!

alichino, what type of yoga do you do? I am reading a book called “The Body Keeps The Score” by Bessel Van der Kolk and apparently yoga also helps with trauma. I am excited to try it.

alichino, what type of yoga do you do? I am reading a book called “The Body Keeps The Score” by Bessel Van der Kolk and apparently yoga also helps with trauma. I am excited to try it.

I love that you're reading that book! I just recommended that book to someone else on this forum--it's a life changer for sure. I'm a trauma survivor and it helped me get my life back. I personally practice anusara yoga that incorporates a 10-15 min meditation into each session.

This is an old post. I tried one session of this in January and felt lightheaded afterward and then didn't sleep good that night. It might have had nothing to do with neurofeedback. Who the hell knows. I didn't want to waste hundreds of more dollars on what seemed like a bunch of shit. They couldn't even explain the science in a way that was understandable. It sounded like they had no idea what they were talking about. I felt like this the hour after the neurofeedback and I still do now. I feel like I've been lied to by people in groups and on this forum and all the success stories. I feel tired every minute of every day. Mad every second. Zero interests or hobbies besides music when I used to have so many. Can't look anybody in the eye. Don't want to leave the house yet can't stay at home with my family. Face burning all the time. Just generally feeling bad all the time mentally with no way to explain it to people in any way they would understand. If this is how adulthood feels and is my baseline, I see why so many people need drugs.