Voice problems?

[To...]

Ever since I started having withdrawal issues my voice has become weak and gravelly. I also have the pleasure of dealing with a lot of excess phlegm. Not like a sinus infection, more like having to clear my throat and hack stuff up constantly. Anyone had similar issues? Thanks

People say my voice sounds flat.  No emotions.

Same here. I have noticed this in people when I watch Youtube videos as well. It's amazing how much more animated they are after they heal. Hopefully that will be us : )

Flat is depression.

I have a bad cough for years now, not sure if it has anything to do with benzos.  Horrible hack.  then voice disappears.

I do know had a URI on top of all this, but the 'this' I don't kno if is benzos

Generally withdrawal causes a lot of autoimmune symptoms. Ashton talks about getting more colds, flu, infections, etc.  Extra phlegm can be an allergic type response.

If your thyroid is stressed, it will enlarge. It can alter your voice (usually to a lower tone) and give you a constant tickle and need to clear your throat.

Good to get it checked with bloodwork. Please get a full panel- TSH, free T3 & T4, total T3 &T4, and check for thyroid antibodies. tiredthyroid.com has excellent info on it.