Disoriented

[kb...]

I've been off Klonopin for 7 months after an extremely rapid withdrawal after 15 straight years of use. On my way home last night I got lost driving. I was confused and really disoriented.  I ended up 10 miles out from my home. I'm so scared to tell anyone.  This is the first time this has happened. I'm 48 yrs. old. I'm hoping it's just another withdrawal symptom. Anyone else have this happen?

kb-

That's a very scary experience.  I'm so sorry it happened to you.

It makes it harder to deal with that you don't feel comfortable talking about it with anyone you know.  It's horrible to deal with a problem AND feel isolated.

Of course this experience frightened you. There are probably many possible causes for your confusion and disorientation.  It seems reasonable to think that it was caused by the cognitive fog many of us experience in withdrawal.  Fatigue and distraction could also be contributors.

I think it's important to be aware of our symptoms and if we're concerned there's something that can't be attributed to withdrawal we should get a medical opinion. 

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

I did have similar experience it was around same time off i was driving and all of sudden didn't know where i was 6 or 7 miles from home knew the area well freaked me out for couple minutes before i realized where i was few other times left house headed for store found myself at totally different store than i was headed for that has all gone now i belive my brain was on auto pilot lol don't worry it will go away

Yes, i can so relate, i've been getting lost in a city where i've lived for 17 years, I even forgot once where I was going, it's dementia level of disorientation, it's so frustrating!!!

Add on not being able to speak correctly (my brain just doesn't coordinate right with my mouth) and I'm beginning to think I'm losing it again.

Not sure if I’ve had any moments where I get completely disoriented like that and sort of black out.  I absolutely get really confused a lot, especially when I wake up.  Takes me forever just to get ready for work.