Need advice please

[te...]

I am down to .181 and feeling every tiny drop . No sleep at all , shacks feeling .

What amt should I be dropping by . Please be specific if possible . Percentages mix me up .

One my 1 ml dropper how many lines would be average per day .

Thank you

Lisa

I am down to .181 and feeling every tiny drop . No sleep at all , shacks feeling .

What amt should I be dropping by . Please be specific if possible . Percentages mix me up .

Thank you

Lisa

Hello Lisa

Can you please be more specific regarding your "1ml dropper" How many/what type markings/lines are on it? Also, it would be very helpful for those responding if you put your formula in your siggy.

My solution is 0.5 mg of Ativan 49 ml of water and 1 ml vodka

I use a 10 ml and a 1 ml syringe

My 1ml syringe has 100 marks on it

Tech, I can't give you a number, not truly sure anyone can, but have you considered holding awhile to give your brain and central nervous system an opportunity to stabilize.  Sounds like your symptoms are pretty bad and trying to push through can make them worse.  It's just a suggestion.  Mary  :)

Posted by: tech21

« on: January 16, 2020, 09:28:40 am »

Insert Quote

Thank you

Lisa

My solution is 0.5 mg of Ativan 49 ml of water and 1 ml vodka

I use a 10 ml and a 1 ml syringe

My 1ml syringe has 100 marks on it

Thanks for the info...it really helps..so you are making a .01(1mg=.01ml) solution.

There really is no fixed taper rate but for one who is sensitive, a 5% reduction per month is a reasonable rate. So, @.181mg(18.1ml) using a .01ml/mg solution and a 1ml/100 increment syringe, if you remove 3 lines a day for 30 days you would be reducing 5% of your dose in 30 days.

According to your siggy, from 12/27-1/14 you drastically increased your taper rate. This is more than likely the reason why you are struggling along with the fact that you are now getting lower in dosage. Some folks report increased symptoms when they get close to the end of their taper. At this point you could hold or going back to where you were before the increased rate. If I were in your shoes I would try holding for a few weeks if symptoms become unbearable only then would I go back to where I was.

You are almost done Lisa...keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing...

Dear gudruna

Thank you for your informative post it was so easy to read . It very difficult at times to understand the math to this .

I thought since I was close I could move quickly but the medication told me no way . I will hold out till I fell better then reduce as you advised . Thank you

Lisa

You are welcome! Yeah, it's hard when we get so close to being done...we just want to be done with it...hang in there, you will be done soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Gudruna

It has been 3 weeks and my sleep is about 2 hours off and on . Sometimes I can’t fall asleep at all . Could it still be the drop . I have been holding .

Sleep has been rough throughout taper but this is bad .

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

Gudruna

It has been 3 weeks and my sleep is about 2 hours off and on . Sometimes I can’t fall asleep at all . Could it still be the drop . I have been holding .

Sleep has been rough throughout taper but this is bad .

Lisa

Hi Lisa- Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I have not been on here much lately.

Many of us experience this loss of sleep towards the end of our tapers and once off. This is only temporary and should improve as we heal. It can take a while for us to get back to baseline (as we were prior to benzo).

When I struggled with little sleep I used a couple of different things to help get rest. A few times a week I took either of the following:  yogi calming tea and Taurine I was careful not to over use these as like anything they will loose efficacy if over used.

Some folks report to avoid the chamomile tea. I experienced no adverse reaction and it worked well for me. It did not hinder my healing.

Maybe try these remedies.

Hang in there...it does get better...