Steps to Clear Away Thick Mucus

[to...]

Man... I am really tired of this constant drain of thick, sticky mucus in my mouth... along

with clogged up nasal passages (particularly at night).  Found these tips on the internet

Steps to Clear Away Thick Mucus

You need to clear this sticky phlegm. Following steps and a little change in diet may help you do so-

-Salt water gargling, at least thrice a day would help clearing the phlegm. You need to do them regularly for 15 days to get results. (I've also read where you might add some baking soda)

-Drink a lot of water. A thick sticky mucous may imply that you are not sufficiently hydrated. Taking water would help in thinning of this flem.

-To open up your nostrils and sinuses, take steam inhalation. You may use vicks vaporub along with it. Do this before bedtime and when you get up. If required, repeat it in the daytime too. Try to breathe through the nose, if possible.

-Make a habit of gently blowing off your nose in the morning.

(I put my finger over my ears when I do this so the "stuff" doesn'tgo into my estachion tubes. Also while in the shower, I "inhale" some water through my nose a couple times and then blow it out.. yuck!)

- Some food stuff aid in mucous formation. You may avoid them for some time. They are- fried stuff, refined foods, dairy food and heavy meals.

- Fresh fruits would be beneficial for you. Add prune or apple juice.

- Some people try neti pots to drain their mucous. These are available in the market.

• Like 1