Blood Pressure

[bu...]

Hi butterfly19,

I just did a search on the forum and came up with a lot of threads about members reporting high blood pressure in tolerance as well as in withdrawal.  I don't have personal experience because I never had mine checked when I was in withdrawal, but I'm sure others will stop by.  In the meantime, you might do that search.  :)

Pamster

Yes... its listed as a sxs of benzo withdrawal.  When I was tapering off Atavan, my BP and pulse went

through the roof.  I went to a cardiologist and was put on a beta blocker which brought the heart

rate and BP down to normal.

Thanks y'all. Topofthebottom, were you ever able to get off the beta blockers. Just wondering if it's a permanent problem or not.

I had been on another BP med since 2005 (calcium channel blocker) but it wasn't working. I'd like

to get off the beta blocker but you have to taper a beta blocker from what I understand. I've been

half the dose prescribed (5mg Bystolic) and seems to be keeping everything under control.  Still having

withdrawal sx of anxiety so until that lessens, I'm just trying to get by with minimum dose.  I have

read where other buddies were able to eventually taper off their beta blocker.

If your bp/pulse is consistently high (I mean  something like 160/90 pr over 100)  you need to get

it checked out. From what I understand, this is all driven by excess adrenalin in our system because

of benzo withdrawal.