3 mg Clonazepam have to quit in 3 months!

[Bm...]

I was on Clonazepam 2.5 mg for 8 Years, i m recovering for another addiction as well,The psychiatrist  switched to 50 mg of valium i m now one month in and i m using 25 mg. They want to finish the taper in 2 months. Is that even safe?  Also valium does have a strange effect on me. it makes me sleepy but the anxiety won t go away, it s like being kind of drunk. Also i m very hyperactive, my mood changes every 2 hours, i m afraid to go outside. It s a feeling of being extremely scared and drunk at the same time... I can t do any sports, because of confusion. Is the timeframe doable?

Doable yes, in terms of withdrawl symptoms no.

They should let you gradually reduce your dose at a much slower pace. You can get off the medication in two months, but it's not going to speed up the healing process. I would try and speak with them about doing a slow symptom based taper. I would also tell them it's because you're experiencing very uncomfortable withdrawl symptoms and that slowing down the reduction amount would make you less symptomatic.

According to the Ashton Manual. You should be reducing no more than 5%-10% of your current dose every 2-3 weeks. These are general guidelines as you may be able to tolerate more of a reduction, or you may need to reduce by less.

Not trying to scare you or anything, however benzodiazepine withdrawl is terrible and a slow taper would make coming off them better in terms of the symptoms.