is what i am feeling and suffering through normal?

[Ca...]

Is everyone feeling the same thing i do. i need to know what i am feeling and experiencing is "normal" i this tapering process. i have cog fog and brain impairment and just i drop things, i stumble.  i have to do things in tiny bits or i forget where i was at in the task i was doing.  my eyes are so blurry, too. i feel scared i am going blind.  my guts hurt, i don't want to eat. i have presssure in my sinuses and throat.  ( maybe a sinus infection).  please, can anyone reassure me, what my brain is feeling is "normal" during this process. i have read the brain is healing. i read all of what it does as it heals.  but, i am not off my meds, still on 10 years of 3.12 of lorazepam.  so, is my brain still healing, eveen while tapering and even from the rapid taper last feb.  (i reinstated).    but, i feel like i did last feb.  does rapid taper off this drug damage forever?  thankyou for any kind soul to help me, i have read the postivie stories and what is happening in the brain.  but, i am still on this med, not off it.  i want to just stop taking it. but, i cannot. thanyou.  and, Pamster, i have read your story. <3    is your brain healed from CT?  and, how long did it take and how old are you, if you don't mind. i am 65.

Hi,

Yes these are all 'normal' symptoms of coming off  benzos. Cognitive impairment/fog is a common thing that happens whilst tapering benzos.. It won't last forever and it will gradually inprove whilst you're off benzos. I heavily doubt that you caused any perm damage because of tapering too fast last year..

Good luck.

Also, the other symptoms all seem 'normal'.. They do all get better.

Yes, your brain is healing as you taper, read this again Cathy, see what a huge task your brain has to accomplish on top of running all of your body functions in order to keep you alive, the human brain is a miracle when you think about it.  What we've done to it and it still knows what to do once the drug is being removed, amazing!

What is happening in your brain

And Cathy, you need to read chapter 3 again, it will list your symptoms and why you feel them, don't be afraid, this is all normal.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

Yes, your brain is healing as you taper, read this again Cathy, see what a huge task your brain has to accomplish on top of running all of your body functions in order to keep you alive, the human brain is a miracle when you think about it.  What we've done to it and it still knows what to do once the drug is being removed, amazing!

What is happening in your brain

And Cathy, you need to read chapter 3 again, it will list your symptoms and why you feel them, don't be afraid, this is all normal.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

my brain i am not sure, does know what to do.  i am feeling very mentally impaireed. and likee my brain and body have disconnect.  i am not sure of what my brain and body do, but, i cannot make myself go to the toilet, much. my body doesn't get the urge frorm the brain to go #2. :/  and, i can't tell where a real illness is begninng, like is this really a sinus infection i have, or is this a benzo zymtom.  you see, i think i hurt my brain extra badly, by doing that rapid taper.  and reinstating. :(      and it will take a year to get off these, if my body can hold up.  i am old and ill. :(  and alone.  doing it all by myself, cooking, groceery, etc.    thankyou for telling me my brain can heal.  i have felt like this for a wholee year now.  i see no great improvements.  somedays, very very bad.  today is one of those days.    my brain is not working up to par, so how can it control or command my body.  :(  i need to go number 2, but, i can't my brain is not allowing it. or something.  that's an example.

Edited: fixed  mixed quote

Hi,

Yes these are all 'normal' symptoms of coming off  benzos. Cognitive impairment/fog is a common thing that happens whilst tapering benzos.. It won't last forever and it will gradually inprove whilst you're off benzos. I heavily doubt that you caused any perm damage because of tapering too fast last year..

Good luck.

Also, the other symptoms all seem 'normal'.. They do all get better.

will mine?  i am old and it doesn't feel any betterr , and it's been a year.  i am tapering, and it's so hard.  i am like i am blindfolded doing this.  my cog impairment is not helping.  i feel like everything i do is monumental and hard. :(  thankyou kindly for your encouraging worrds that my brain will heal.  i pray it does.  sometimes, i feel i have dementia orr a brain disease or chronic meningitis. :(      i pray for all of us, on this board, and hope Christ has mercy on all of us.  thankyou thankyou for giving me hope.  i will heal? 

Yes, your brain and body will heal. It will take time. If you're still tapering you're still going through the withdrawal process.. You must wait at least a few months AFTER you have tapered to have any noticeable change.. We all go through these dark times and feel that it's too much to bear, but trust me when I tell you this that - You will heal.

[b5...]

Hi Cathymp!

I understand your situation perfectly. I had some of your symptoms. I'm 61. Benzos and an antibiotic put me in this ordeal for the last 2 years. I reinstated once and still fighting. I'm at 0.160 mg and is getting harder but at the same time I'm feeling better, more in control. What happened in my case? it was time, exercise, good foods (not dieting) and last but most importantly DISTRACTION. I know is difficult to relate to those things when you feel so bad but it is a day by day thing. Most of the symptoms are anxiety induced meaning more mental.

Again, time is on your side. Push yourself to get distracted, try not to be alone. Read success stories and not coming to BB too often also helps.

Hope you get well soon!

Cheers!

Mice.

You are healing and will continue. You have had a rough year, but I know you are doing a great job.

The fact that you can function, like grocery shopping etc is a great sign. Benzo withdrawal feels real bad and some days are a lot worse than others, but this will pass. Just take it easy and don't rush it.

God Bless,

Dana :)