is everybody in this forum done tapering or not?

[Ca...]

where to you stand in your tapering. or are you finished.  i am needing to know. :( i have a year to go. this is hard, so very hard.  i know brains heal.  but, wow.  and, is a little bit of pot at night, tiny, going to hurt? i have much anxiety and brain cog fog impairment.  i feel like i am not connected. does anyone else feel like this.  i need to konw what i am feeling is "normal". please?

Oh yeah I'm not done. I've been tapering since August 2018. I thought I was going to be done in March 2019, but WHOOPS! I had to updose because I was tapering too fast. (Trying to finish before a trip in April.)

So I updosed and held for many months, I think until August 2019? Then I started tapering again. The way I figure it, I have 100 more days to go. That's assuming no holds. But of course there will be holds.

is a little bit of pot at night, tiny, going to hurt?

No. But a tiny bit might not do you any good either.

CBD helps anxiety by lowering blood pressure. It is a vasodilator. If I were you, I would skip the oil and try a CBD edible.  Maybe 10 or 15 mgs. Try it . . . and see if it helps. Remember that edibles take an hour or so to work.

Hope this helps you.

Katz

I, too, feel very disconnected and my cognitive thinking isn't what it used to be. And, the anxiety is not fun.  When I first figured my taper, I was scheduled to be done last November which would have been 11 months.  That was way too soon and I know that now.  I learn as I go.  The way it looks now, it will end November 2020, but I don't care how long it takes as I just want to be free of this drug.

I have never used pot in all of my 71 years, so I haven't a clue, but I would think it wouldn't do you any good just like I don't think alcohol does anyone any good.  But, that's just my opinion since I don't do either.

No, I’m 21 days into an Alprazolam micro-taper. The first of the tough side effects started yesterday. Until then I thought I was going to just swing through the process. Yah, right. This site is giving me hope that I can make it out. Plenty have successfully made it through and got their lives back. That’s what keeps me going.

Good Luck.

We’re all in this together.

I'm not done tapering; I began in August 2019 taking 1 mg. Klonopin a day. I'm now a 0.25 mg in the morning, planning for my next cut to 0.125. Hoping to jump after that, but listening to my body as much as I can.

We're all in this together. You can do it!

is a little bit of pot at night, tiny, going to hurt?

No. But a tiny bit might not do you any good either.

CBD helps anxiety by lowering blood pressure. It is a vasodilator. If I were you, I would skip the oil and try a CBD edible.  Maybe 10 or 15 mgs. Try it . . . and see if it helps. Remember that edibles take an hour or so to work.

Hope this helps you.

Katz

Agreed. THC will raise blood pressure which can lead to anxiety, paranoia and panic.  I’d go with the CBD if it were me.

This forum is for people who are still tapering.  When you get free, you can go to the success stories.  I go there to read, because it encourages me.  As for how long it takes etc, everyone has different experiences at different stages.  Some cuts are easier than others for the same person.  Some are suddenly difficult.  People use different taper methods.  The main thing is go slow.  Listen to your own body.  As for CBD, keep in mind that it causes the liver to metabolize very quickly.  So if CBD and benzo are in there at the same time, the benzo will not last as long in your system.  This means you will likely feel interdose wd.  Put at least a few hours between using CBD and benzo.  I tried CBD isolate (less than 3% THC per dose of 10 mgs).  It did nothing for me.  I now drink tart cherry juice, 4 ozs with 1.5 mg melatonin tincture at night.  I sleep.  I only take .175 clonazapam once a day at night, so I can’t use CBD for sleep.  When I tried that I woke up at 2 am and it was a fail.  Btw, last night I cut again to .125, and slept.  So far still good this morning.  Take care.

Today I am free from benzo's because I woke up and made the decision to continue my healing.

After I string enough of these days together this chapter in my life will be closed.

In the meantime I will do what I can today to distract and take care of myself.

I smoke cbd flower and it helps. That may change but for now it works and helps me to stay in the moment.