I did it! I am FREE!

[Po...]

Hi Buddies!

I am on my second day Xanax free since 2011.  It was a long hard road (440 days) but I made it!  I am feeling way better than I thought I would.  I am eternally grateful for all that I learned here and for everyone who supported me.  I could not have done this without all of you!

Happy Healing to All,

Pearl

Hi Buddies!

I am on my second day Xanax free since 2011.  It was a long hard road (440 days) but I made it!  I am feeling way better than I thought I would.  I am eternally grateful for all that I learned here and for everyone who supported me.  I could not have done this without all of you!

Happy Healing to All,

Pearl

Congratulations PowerPearl!  :thumbsup:  I started at a lower dose of Xanax but  I noticed from your signature we both were at about the same dose in October.  I'm glad you're done!  Now I'm wondering if I should go a little faster - at my rate I won't be done till June!  I've done pretty well with withdrawal so far, my worst symptom just being real cranky the first week after a cut.  I've been doing 2 weeks in between and took a whole month on this last one (because of holidays and some other things)  So far no insomnia.     

Did things get better for you when you ditched the Valium and went back to a direct taper?  I don't plan to crossover. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Buddies!

Happy Healing to All,

Pearl

Hi Pearl - how are you doing?  Great I hope!  You deserve this!  We all do.  I am hanging in there.  I made a cut yesterday.  I am going to just use the pink pills for now.  I know at some point I will have to do something different and will try the .25 mg white pills again but for now, I am going to stick to what has been working for me.  It has taken 2 weeks to make a cut again because I have been so anxious over the white pill issues and did not feel good for awhile.  I have pulled a muscle in my chest and I am trying to get better from that too.  I go outside on our porch to smoke and opening and closing the door, which is quite heavy, has made my chest hurt.  Its been going on for over a week.  I was a little scared at first because chest discomfort has been a withdraw issue for me for this complete taper which has been over a year now.  But I am sure its from the door - staining to open and close the darn door is a pain.  Needless to say, I do not go out to smoke as much.  LOL

Lori - I hope you are doing good as well.  I have been thinking about you and hoping the flu has left you and that you are better.

Take care.

Love and hugs,

Julia