Breathing, throat closing sensation

[He...]

Does anyone have difficulty breathing and

feel like throat closing a lot? Or tightness

in throat ? All professionals attribute it to

anxiety but wonder if benzo related

Scary and uncomfortable. Ty

i have had this many times in the past you are not alone .. i actually had it twice today not so much the throat closing but i felt like i could not catch my breath it is either an anxiety attack or a panic attack when it happens to me . today it was both it fades after time but sometimes it takes a while to go away like today it took about 2 hours then it returned later that day but it was not as bad and did not last as long the best thing i know how to do is controlled belly diaphragm breathing it definitely helps  also another thing to do is get comfortable and distract yourself my vice is crawling into bed pulling the cover up to my face and watching something on my laptop. it usually always does the trick its not an instant fix though i dont think there is one i hope this helps

Yeah, same here buddy. I feel like i'm suffocating, I've seen two doctors and they attribute it to anxiety and benzo withdrawal. I've been googling a lot, cause damn, the first couple days i was pretty sure i was gonna die, and it turns out it's very common in WD. As scary and unpleasant it is, it's completely harmless. Hang in there dude.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive been experiencing the same thing, off and on for the last 6 months. Its not as intense, but still there. Couple of times thought i was having an allergic reaction. How long have you all been experiencing this sensation for?

Yes, I have it too.

Feels like the throat is cramped. Also dry throat,  even when breathing through the nose. Had my GP look at it at least 6 times. Says everything OK. I sometimes make a kind of vibrating sound in the back of my throat to relax it. Like the "Ohmmmm" in meditation.