Dizzy all the time and POTS like symptoms?

[De...]

Just curious if this is something else or if it's a common symptom during a taper?? Like the title says I feel off balance when I walk and dizzy sometimes just sitting or laying down. My heart rate often jumps 30 -40bpm when I stand up to try and get some work done.

I've seen people describe a "boaty" symptom, is it like that?  What is POTS?

This is from the Ashton manual.

Problems with balance. Some people during benzodiazepine withdrawal report feeling unsteady on their feet; sometimes they feel they are being pushed to one side or feel giddy, as if things were going round and round. An important organ in controlling motor stability and maintaining equilibrium is a part of the brain called the cerebellum. This organ is densely packed with GABA and benzodiazepine receptors (See Chapter I) and is a prime site of action of benzodiazepines. Excessive doses of benzodiazepines, like alcohol, cause unsteadiness of gait, slurred speech and general incoordination, including inability to walk in a straight line. It may take some time for the cerebellar systems to restabilise after benzodiazepine withdrawal and the symptoms can last until this process is complete. Exercises, such as standing on one leg, first with eyes open, then with eyes closed, can speed recovery.

I do get dizzy and feel like I'm falling over.  Sometimes it happens when I'm sitting, too.  My heart rate also increases when I 'gin' around.  The information posted from the Ashton Manual is evidence we've a lot of healing to do.  We will get there! 

I've seen people describe a "boaty" symptom, is it like that?  What is POTS?

This is from the Ashton manual.

Problems with balance. Some people during benzodiazepine withdrawal report feeling unsteady on their feet; sometimes they feel they are being pushed to one side or feel giddy, as if things were going round and round. An important organ in controlling motor stability and maintaining equilibrium is a part of the brain called the cerebellum. This organ is densely packed with GABA and benzodiazepine receptors (See Chapter I) and is a prime site of action of benzodiazepines. Excessive doses of benzodiazepines, like alcohol, cause unsteadiness of gait, slurred speech and general incoordination, including inability to walk in a straight line. It may take some time for the cerebellar systems to restabilise after benzodiazepine withdrawal and the symptoms can last until this process is complete. Exercises, such as standing on one leg, first with eyes open, then with eyes closed, can speed recovery.

POTS  is a condition where you're heart rate rises more than 30npm when standing up from laying down it causes severe fatigue and dizziness.

[cc...]
Have you been seen by a Doctor.  Maybe search heart palpitations.  Very common during wd and recovery.  It is a sx.  You are Healing!

Many BB people go through POTS. If you do  a search, you will find discussions about it. Lapis2 has a dizziness support group. She's very knowledgeable.

GOOD LUCK!!!