BenzoFREE, free at last

[Ag...]

I finished my Valium taper yesterday, and just updated my signature to reflect that today is the first day that I haven't had to take Valium in a very long time. It's a milestone.  The final part of my reduction schedule; the last 9 weeks of a liquid taper down from 1mg to 0.01mg yesterday has been a concerted and focused effort.  There was a time I felt so sick and bedridden and i was worried that it wouldn't get better.  But it is getting better.  I am out of bed again and the worst of my symptoms continue to diminish.  At the same time I'm grateful to notice improvements.

I have recovered my capacity to read a book to myself during the taper.  :D

I have felt cognitive fog beginning to lift/clear  :)

I have noticed episodes of calm inbetween agitation that had not relented for two years  :smitten:, morning horror continues to diminish incrementally  :thumbsup:

and yesterday I was able to recall some information from my short term memory. :laugh:  That is something that makes me very happy, as I have felt so sad about the loss of my beautiful memory.

I am still not functioning and I have other injuries to recover from, but today (my 52nd birthday) is the day I have become Benzo FREE, so that is a milestone I am very grateful for, and relieved by.

Now for the next stage of my recovery . . .

Yesterday I watched this YouTube video of Laura Delano on 'Recoverying myself'

"Recovery: the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

Congrats Agentic!  I am so happy of you! I just finished my taper too. Glad we can celebrate together.

Pearl

thanks so much Pearl and very happy for you too :-)