what is the lowest amt of vodka i can use for

[Ca...]

making a solution for my DLMT.    I am using three 1 mg pills of ativan and currently using 10 ml syringe of VODKA  and 29 waters (fill 10 ml syringe up 29 times).  HOWEVER, i do not want to use that much vodka anymore, i think it's affecting me. i am not kidding.      (i go through a new batch of 3 pills daily).  so, that means i am drinking 10 ml of vodka daily.  it might explain my dizzy head and "drunk" feeling. i am not kidding.      So, please,  tell me the least amount of vodka that will work to melt and be a solvent to three 1 mg pills of ativan?    and, i use 29 waters.  or, should this change, too?  please, maybe Builder or someone can chime in here.  thankyou.  i am now down to 3.12 on my taper. down from 3.75.  thankyou.  ask questions please, if i confused you.    bascially, i want to use as little of vodka as needed but still make a decent solution.

Please, can someone please kindly help me and answer my question??  i am begging.    10 mil of vodka a day is too much for me.  please help, if youcan. please?

Hi Cathymp,

You can use the “recipe” builder gave you.

3mg (or 3 of your 1mg tablets) + 6mL of vodka + 294mL of water

Just decrease the amount of vodka you are using by 4mL and increase the amount of water by 4mL.

Pamster

hi, pamster. thankyou.  when did builder give me that reecipe, please?  i have forgetfullness, like amnesia.  i am sorry. 

who much is 294 ml of water.  i use a 10 ml syringe to measure my waters.      so, would i fill up a 10 ml syringe 29 times?  and then add an extra 4 ml on?  (to the 4 mark on the 10 ml syring)  i am sorry i have OCD. i didn't before.

i Cathymp,

You can use the “recipe” builder gave you.

3mg (or 3 of your 1mg tablets) + 6mL of vodka + 294mL of water

Just decrease the amount of vodka you are using by 4mL and increase the amount of water by 4mL.

Pamster

wait. this just confused me more. :( i am so sorrry . i am in tears. i have brain confusion.    do you mean, i should  put 3 pills into  4 ml of vodka and use 298 ml of water??  i could read your reply either way. could you please clairify. i am sorry, it's me, not you.

is this the new recipe i follow for using less vodka, then:  3 pills, 4 ml of vodka and 298 ml of water??    and is 4 ml of vodka going to be enough to dissolve and disperse pills?

and, is there a recipe i can use that uses less water, too?    or is that not a good idea. 

i would like to use less vodka and less water on my 3 pills recipe.  is this not a good idea to decrease water?      can you please help me?  i am sorry i have confusion, and benzo brain. iam so sorry to cause you frustatation.  please forgive me and help me.      i have been using 3 pills, 10 ml vodka and 29 syringes of 10 ml full of water.    can anyone help me come up with a better one,  with less vodka and less water that will not cause my problems.  and is not a good idea to go down in water dose?  keep it high, just lower the vodka?

Hi Cathymp,

I'm going to need to message someone to answer your questions, please check back in a few hours, hopefully you'll get an answer.  In the meantime, please just use this one thread for your questions, posting all over the forum will not increase your chances of getting an answer.  Questions on titration need to be confined to the titration board.

Pamster

yes, mam. i will wait here. and  i will not post anymore.  i am just panicking . i am so sorry.  my brain is so benzos. please forgive me.  i will wait, thankyou.

making a solution for my DLMT.    I am using three 1 mg pills of ativan and currently using 10 ml syringe of VODKA  and 29 waters (fill 10 ml syringe up 29 times).  HOWEVER, i do not want to use that much vodka anymore, i think it's affecting me. i am not kidding.      (i go through a new batch of 3 pills daily).  so, that means i am drinking 10 ml of vodka daily.  it might explain my dizzy head and "drunk" feeling. i am not kidding.      So, please,  tell me the least amount of vodka that will work to melt and be a solvent to three 1 mg pills of ativan?    and, i use 29 waters.  or, should this change, too?  please, maybe Builder or someone can chime in here.  thankyou.  i am now down to 3.12 on my taper. down from 3.75.  thankyou.  ask questions please, if i confused you.    bascially, i want to use as little of vodka as needed but still make a decent solution.

If you are using 80 proof vodka you can make a viable solution using 1ml per mg

New recipe:

1) Put 3- 1mg tablets in a suitable container

2) Add 3ml of 80 proof or better vodka (let sit till tablets are broken down)

3) Add 27ml of distilled water (2 3/4 syringes using 10ml syringes)

I see you are at 3.12 mg. The original solution you were making each ml was equal to .01ml. Now, with this new recipe, each ml equals .10ml. So you will have to adjust how many ml you reduce. For instance if you were reducing 1ml, now you would reduce .10ml or if you were reducing .10ml you would reduce .01ml. I hope this makes sense.

New recipe:

I see you are at 3.12 mg. The original solution you were making each ml was equal to .01ml. Now, with this new recipe, each ml equals .10ml. So you will have to adjust how many ml you reduce. For instance if you were reducing 1ml, now you would reduce .10ml or if you were reducing .10ml you would reduce .01ml. I hope this makes sense.

oh. :(  i followed and understood your instructions until you got to the dosing part. :(  and i am pretty impaired in my brain, old and alone.  i am not understanding that.    why can't i just use your new recipe and keep dropping .01?  i dont' underrstand. :(    you mean if i use your new recipe i can't drop by .01.    right now i am doing like this,  i am at .82.  hold for a few days, drorp to .81.  (with my old recipe).  can i not do it that way with this new recipe.    what would .82  look like on the new recipe. crying so hard.  i am sorry. i can't figure this out.  but,  i like your recipe. it's way less vodka.    can't i still drop .01 usisng your recipe?

Edit: Fixed quote

if i reduce by .10 ml on new recipe. that's like taking a full 10 mil syringe in my mouth. wouldn't i be getting more benzos taht way.  i don't do the DMLT that is on youtube. i do the DMLT that i stick my syringe in ., like with my .82  dosee.  i stick it in my liquid 8 times (10 ml syringe)  and fill it.  then i fill it to 2 on last fill . that equals .82.  with my current recipe, that is.  can someone help me untangle my brain and figure rthiss out and be patient with me, i know you all are, i love you for it. but, please have pity on me. i am all alone and can't think.   

maybe i should just stick with the 3 pills and one 10mil syringe of vodka and 29  waters (fill a 10 ml syringe up 29 times).  that's my currrent solution.  then when i dose.  the .82, i pull out 8-10 mil syringees of solution and 2 more. and drink that.  please, is this current solution ok to continue on?            again i am using this solution right now :  3 1mg pills, 1 10 mil syringe of vodka and 29 waters (using a 10 ml syringe 29 times).  and  go down .01  every 4 days or so.  is this ok?  i seem to have gotten lost in this. :(  is it too much vodka, or is this solution ok to taper with?  thankyou.

New recipe:

oh. :(  i followed and understood your instructions until you got to the dosing part. :(  and i am pretty impaired in my brain, old and alone.  i am not understanding that.    why can't i just use your new recipe and keep dropping .01?  i dont' underrstand. :(    you mean if i use your new recipe i can't drop by .01.    right now i am doing like this,  i am at .82.  hold for a few days, drorp to .81.  (with my old recipe).  can i not do it that way with this new recipe.    what would .82  look like on the new recipe. crying so hard.  i am sorry. i can't figure this out.  but,  i like your recipe. it's way less vodka.    can't i still drop .01 usisng your recipe?

Edit: Fixed quote

ZaIaLRX.png

wow, what an awesome photo. i understand that much betterr, i am a visual learner.    but, i have a question, how will i find the little line for 8.1  ???    there are only 4 lines in between each line.  and i drop  like this,  8.2, 8.1., 8.0  ,  then it will be 7.9  (and where will i find the little line to show its' a 9).    i drop like that and hold about 4 days.  btw....is that tapering too fast?  because i am having a hard, hard time.  do you suppose i am tapering too fast?  and, i cannot hold for stabalization. i am unstable, and updose didn't even help. i trieeed this summer. i am in torlance to the drug. i have to go down destablized. :(  and, it's not easy. 

wow, what an awesome photo. i understand that much betterr, i am a visual learner.    but, i have a question, how will i find the little line for 8.1  ???    there are only 4 lines in between each line.  and i drop  like this,  8.2, 8.1., 8.0  ,  then it will be 7.9  (and where will i find the little line to show its' a 9).  i drop like that and hold about 4 days.  btw....is that tapering too fast?  because i am having a hard, hard time.  do you suppose i am tapering too fast?  and, i cannot hold for stabalization. i am unstable, and updose didn't even help. i trieeed this summer. i am in torlance to the drug. i have to go down destablized. :(  and, it's not easy.

The new recipe is more concentrated than the old recipe, so yes, tapering .81mg(8.10ml),.80mg(8.0ml),.79mg(7.90ml) etc would be to fast.

Click here for a visual on how to taper .001mg(.01ml) per day using a 1ml and a 10ml syringe. This rate would be approx. 5% in 14 days. There is also a sample schedule showing what this taper looks like. This rate can easily be adjusted or you can hold when necessary.

Cathy,

Have you considered moving to a longer acting benzo to try and stabilize a bit?  Have you considered Valium?  Not saying that this is gonna work but just wondering if you have considered?

You need 2ml vodka for eack 1mg of benzo

The standard ratio is 1mg benzo:2ml vodka: 8ml water. This gives yiou a very easy to use .1mg=1ml solution.

You can use more or less water, but again, the .1mg=1ml final concentration does not require any real math...just moive the decimal.

I agree. My compounding pharmacy stated that this is the correct ratio for PG, so it would be the same for the alcohol. You want to make sure it is soluble where it will make the right solution.

Why can't you use the PG? What symptoms do you have with it? 

making a solution for my DLMT.    I am using three 1 mg pills of ativan and currently using 10 ml syringe of VODKA  and 29 waters (fill 10 ml syringe up 29 times).   HOWEVER, i do not want to use that much vodka anymore, i think it's affecting me. i am not kidding.      (i go through a new batch of 3 pills daily).  so, that means i am drinking 10 ml of vodka daily.  it might explain my dizzy head and "drunk" feeling. i am not kidding.      So, please,  tell me the least amount of vodka that will work to melt and be a solvent to three 1 mg pills of ativan?   and, i use 29 waters.  or, should this change, too?  please, maybe Builder or someone can chime in here.  thankyou.  i am now down to 3.12 on my taper. down from 3.75.  thankyou.  ask questions please, if i confused you.    bascially, i want to use as little of vodka as needed but still make a decent solution.

The standard ratio is 1mg benzo:2ml vodka: 8ml water. This gives yiou a very easy to use .1mg=1ml solution.

You can use more or less water, but again, the .1mg=1ml final concentration does not require any real math...just moive the decimal.

I agree. My compounding pharmacy stated that this is the correct ratio for PG, so it would be the same for the alcohol. You want to make sure it is soluble where it will make the right solution.

Why can't you use the PG? What symptoms do you have with it?

Builder and Dana, I disagree. According to the references listed below, for Ativan 1ml of 80 proof (40%) alcohol will dissolve 3.51mg of Ativan. I recommended 1ml/mg because of volume and leeway. 

When someone posts that they are having adverse reaction to alcohol and specifically state " tell me the least amount of vodka that will work to melt and be a solvent to three 1 mg pills of ativan? " it is only proper to give them the most reliable/accurate info available to us.

Sources:

Abolghasem Jouyban *#, Javad Shokri †, Mohammad Barzegar-Jalali †, Davoud Hassanzadeh ‡, William E. Acree , Jr.§, Taravat Ghafourian Δ and Ali Nokhodchi Δ, Solubility of Chlordiazepoxide, Diazepam, and Lorazepam in Ethanol + Water Mixtures at 303.2 K, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2009, 54 (7), pp 2142–2145, April 22, 2009.

Ali Shayanfar †, Mohammad A. A. Fakhree §, William E. Acree , Jr.∥ and Abolghasem Jouyban *‡, Solubility of Lamotrigine, Diazepam, and Clonazepam in Ethanol + Water Mixtures at 298.15 K, J. Chem. Eng. Data, 2009, 54 (3), pp 1107–1109, December 22, 2008

Jouyban's  Handbook of Solubility Data for Pharmaceuticals.

Benzo solvents discussion thread

Here are some visual references taken from the listed resources.

AbqTJce.png

You're misinterpreting the graph and the chart.  Those show the amounts of alcohol (in a 40% solution) required to dissolve the benzo.  So the amounts of vodka are 2.5 X those values.

Right, but vodka is a 40% solution of alcohol.

That's correct.  So the amount of vodka requires is 2.5 times as much as the amount of alcohol.

Hi builder.

Please point me to a professional body (or anyone with expertise) who have published this 'standard'.

Thanks in advance.