Anxiety Threw The Roof!!

[no...]

Today I have been tense and full of anxiety I thought it would go away in the evening but it got worse.. Goodness it's 9:12pm and I'm on edge Racing intruding thoughts are the worse. I also noticed that I'm starting to get intergestion and it's hard to swallow when eating is this my nerves?

Hello nomobenzos80

Hey its after nine here in Oregon.

You must been on the Left Coast like me.

Sorry to hear your symptoms are acting up so bad.

I can only  tell you that my PM way of trying to calm my symptoms is a HOT BATH, Chamomile Tea and off to Bed.

Hope you get some Peace soon!

Teakettle

Hey TeaKettle,

I live in California it's about 10pm I was thinking about a hot bath just so panicky and my mind is terrible bad day I pray for a better tomorrow.. Thanks for stopping by

I find reading a familiar, favorite book in the evening gets my mind off the symptoms and, even if it takes until midnight, I eventually get tired and fall asleep. I've read the same four books more than 20 times in rotation. Pick a peaceful or positive or even neutral subject that you can immerse yourself in (not a murder/mystery/horror/thriller I would think). Old National Geographics are great. I find, for me, that TV or movies just end up exciting my neurons more. Same with the computer.

I know anything crazy negative or scary I stay away from.. I don't have the concertration to read to play my favorite game scrabble  :-[ Mornings are horror.. I have not found anything that relaxes me thus far in the begining I could read watch programs play scrabble now I don't have the patients or attenion span too anxious..

I find that calling a friend and having a talk can help distract - if there are friends around to call and talk to. Is there anything specific you are anxious about?

Try some white/pink/brown noise generator or some environmental sounds.

I love listening to babbling brooks or rain sounds and try to count the bubbles or raindrops.  really calms the mind.