Author Topic: Anxiety Threw The Roof!!  (Read 1293 times)

[Buddie]

Anxiety Threw The Roof!!
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:18:19 am »
Today I have been tense and full of anxiety I thought it would go away in the evening but it got worse.. Goodness it's 9:12pm and I'm on edge Racing intruding thoughts are the worse. I also noticed that I'm starting to get intergestion and it's hard to swallow when eating is this my nerves?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Anxiety Threw The Roof!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:28:48 am »
Hello [...]

Hey its after nine here in Oregon.

You must been on the Left Coast like me.

Sorry to hear your symptoms are acting up so bad.

I can only  tell you that my PM way of trying to calm my symptoms is a HOT BATH, Chamomile Tea and off to Bed.

Hope you get some Peace soon!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 05:09:48 am »
Hey [...],

I live in California it's about 10pm I was thinking about a hot bath just so panicky and my mind is terrible bad day I pray for a better tomorrow.. Thanks for stopping by

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:00:23 pm »
I find reading a familiar, favorite book in the evening gets my mind off the symptoms and, even if it takes until midnight, I eventually get tired and fall asleep. I've read the same four books more than 20 times in rotation. Pick a peaceful or positive or even neutral subject that you can immerse yourself in (not a murder/mystery/horror/thriller I would think). Old National Geographics are great. I find, for me, that TV or movies just end up exciting my neurons more. Same with the computer.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:28:44 pm »
I know anything crazy negative or scary I stay away from.. I don't have the concertration to read to play my favorite game scrabble  :-[ Mornings are horror.. I have not found anything that relaxes me thus far in the begining I could read watch programs play scrabble now I don't have the patients or attenion span too anxious..

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:26:41 am »
I find that calling a friend and having a talk can help distract - if there are friends around to call and talk to. Is there anything specific you are anxious about?

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 11:44:03 am »
Try some white/pink/brown noise generator or some environmental sounds.

I love listening to babbling brooks or rain sounds and try to count the bubbles or raindrops.  really calms the mind.