*UPDATE 8 months* dinking coffee again.

[Be...]

Finally I can drink coffee without going crazy and thinking I’m gonna die . It gets easier guys, things will get better, just ride the wave. I was taking Xanax 4-8 milligrams daily. It was horrific, thank god I made it and I pray for all of you to make it too. I still have anxiety. It sucks but I rather deal with it with other ways than to take this poison. Meditation, eating right, surrounding yourself with good people, therapy and staying positive.

Finally I can drink coffee without going crazy and thinking I’m gonna die . It gets easier guys, things will get better, just ride the wave. I was taking Xanax 4-8 milligrams daily. It was horrific, thank god I made it and I pray for all of you to make it too. I still have anxiety. It sucks but I rather deal with it with other ways than to take this poison. Meditation, eating right, surrounding yourself with good people, therapy and staying positive.

That is great, and it is a sign that your body is building resilience to stress.  I used to drink coffee by the carafe, but the last few months have been using decaf.  I notice that caffeine now causes me anxiety, and at times depression as well.  I'm just not ready for that yet, but that is ok.  In the meantime I am trying to eat whole foods and avoid sugar/alcohol/caffeine/nicotine.

Congrats on your progress!

RR

Same here I used to drink coffee by the pound lol until the benzos kicked my arse. I finally can drink coffee and actually it lifts my mood and makes me more active. Hopefully you get there soon. I also just started the Keto diet very its a low carbs high fat diet. This diet really helped me with anxiety before and I lost 60 pounds with it, but since stopping I gained some back so I’m gonna give it a try again.

Same here I used to drink coffee by the pound lol until the benzos kicked my arse. I finally can drink coffee and actually it lifts my mood and makes me more active. Hopefully you get there soon. I also just started the Keto diet very its a low carbs high fat diet. This diet really helped me with anxiety before and I lost 60 pounds with it, but since stopping I gained some back so I’m gonna give it a try again.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Keto diet and I have started to try and adopt some of it's tenets.  I do more of a Paleo diet at the moment, I don't get quite as many calories from fat as Keto says you should, but I avoid carbs and especially sugars.

Cheers,

RR

Just like you, at 8 months off I started drinking coffee again. However, I'm almost 4 years off and I can't drink coffee again!

great to hear your story. I used to love coffee .now I need to becarefull how much I drink as anxiety is always around the corner . might try decaf