Bloodtest results very low d vitamin

[65...]

[65...]

I had done some bloodtest. It went out fine but I have VERY low vitamin D. I had read that low vitamin d can cause alot of strange sxs. How will my brain react on supplements? I live in Sweden and there is very little sun here. In november we had 3 hours of sun during a whole month. I guess this is also caused by being housebound for a really long time. Any ideas? Will my recovery been setback?

I did found this on google...

GABA is a non-protein amino acid functions as a neurotransmitter in the body. Deficiencies inVitamin D and B6 can cause low GABA and a poor diet also erodes our natural GABA levels. ...

Is it possible my very low levels of vitamin d might worsen my sxs???

This is not an option I have very very low D vitamin and must take this supplement really scared tho...

I have Low Vit D3 also,  I bought a V-D3 sunlamp to start with, doc says it has raised my numbers a bit, but lamp wasn't cheap, made by Sperti, I copied this following text into a document I made a year ago , and saved on computer, it may have come from this forum,  I can't remember ....

In BWS while D is important I wouldn’t suggest starting with 1000 IU. People are pretty sensitive in this and Vitamin D is a Steroid Hormone.vitamin D activates genes that regulate the immune system and release neurotransmitters (e.g., dopamine, serotonin) that affect brain function and development. So while it is beneficial it can Rev you up in withdrawal and many people have a hard time with it. So I would suggest starting Much slower if your gonna try it or it could result in a bad trip for you 😞 Also remember if your Magnesium is low ( Which it most likely is most Americans are low ) a lack of Magnesium will make the D cause even more Anxiety. I always say if anyone is gonna try a supplement in this mess use a liquid whenever possible that way you can start with a micro dose and work up based on how you feel. It’s better to go slow and only have a little dose to clear from your system then taking a Big dose and having the longer fall out.

Low vit D can significantly boost anxiety. I had a friend whose first encounter with anxiety happened due to very low vitamin D levels. It's been 4 years and he is still struggling. Try supplements if there is not enough sunlight. Don't worry vitamin D levels  an be increased without much effort.

[65...]

Low vit D can significantly boost anxiety. I had a friend whose first encounter with anxiety happened due to very low vitamin D levels. It's been 4 years and he is still struggling. Try supplements if there is not enough sunlight. Don't worry vitamin D levels  an be increased without much effort.

I have very low levels <25ug

• 2 weeks later...
My partner (who is in recovery) and I (his support) both had low D from being inside (he's bedridden) for so many years.  He can't tolerate the supplements, so we increased his milk intake (the added D in milk hasn't been a problem for him) and added more mushrooms to our diets (portobellos have the most D).  Within a few months, our low-D induced skin rashes cleared up!

Yes and I can’t take it.

I am thinking about buying a Sperti light: https://www.sperti.com/

You can buy full spectrum bulbs with UVB that are sold for reptile tanks but I can’t work out if they would work and how much you would need to use them.

The Sperti lamp was used in a trial of ppl who can’t take vit D: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846322/