1 mg klonopin. Need some advice to push me

[It...]

I've been in tolerance withdrawl for almost 3 years. Refusing to increase my dose knowing exactly what is going on. I sold my house in preparation for this. But where I was making well into 6 figures i still have large Bill's. Being I'm still young I've been on for 5 years. I've been dealing with this torture for a long time due to panic attacks that developed when I was 21. I've always had depression/anxiety/OCD issues as a kid so I'm not sure what those are even going to look like when I get off. I can AFFORD 6 months off work. It's just very disheartening seeing posts like 5 years off 70% better. That makes me not want to do this. I've tried to get off before and I reinstated after 4 months off. And dealing with that for 1-5 years??? I dont know ide rather be Mildlied tortured for the rest of my life then to be permanently put out of commission for a undisclosed amount of time. I've been following this form for a while. I really dont want to lose my job because when it's gone people dont quit my position at work. My job wont be there. Its high stress finance job. I dont drink I dont do drugs. I've read every article to be read. I'm ready for the end of this but I cant bear to think of things being 10x worse then this for a undisclosed period of time.

Just because you tried before doesn't mean you will end up failing again. I'm hoping more experienced members here will be able to give you some advice.

I would just say don't be afraid to try something new. I basically figure out from day to day what I can do (for fun) that day based on my symptoms. I haven't missed a single day of work during my taper. I have missed out on some fun. I understand that I chose to taper, and so far, the bad that has come with that hasn't been as bad as I imagined it would be.

It's really frustrating to not know when the end date is. My mantra is "whatever it is, I'm learning to live with it".

Hope you get some good feedback, and good luck to you!

I see we are going to be a doing a similar taper except I'm going to be doing .125 every 2 weeks it's good to hear people are holding down jobs. Quite frankly I don't care what this does to me after work hours. Or when I'm off. I need to keep my job unfortunately. Wish I had that person to fall back on for medical/money ect but I'm a single person 2 households at the moment. With a parent on disability

Just because you tried before doesn't mean you will end up failing again. I'm hoping more experienced members here will be able to give you some advice.

I would just say don't be afraid to try something new. I basically figure out from day to day what I can do (for fun) that day based on my symptoms. I haven't missed a single day of work during my taper. I have missed out on some fun. I understand that I chose to taper, and so far, the bad that has come with that hasn't been as bad as I imagined it would be.

It's really frustrating to not know when the end date is. My mantra is "whatever it is, I'm learning to live with it".

I need to update my signature but I have been tapering off 1mg of Klonopin for just over a year now. I've reduced down to .16 and I should be done in about four months (.0625).

Sounds like forever, I know. I simply take a minute every day and shave just a tiny bit off a pill. Of course I received my Klonopin in .25mg x 4 and when I got to .5 I switched to .125mg x 4.

Why the four pills you may ask? Because it's much easier to reduce 1% of 800 mg of total weight (4 pills) than 1% of a single pill's 200mg weight. Hope that concept makes sense. This will become more important as you reduce down into the dosage below a quarter of a milligram

Here is the good news: By going as slow as I have, I haven't had a single symptom. I live my life completely normal. If I want to go out and have drinks on a weekend night, no big deal (just don't take a dose anywhere near when you're drinking). Take it the next morning or something.

I can eat whatever I want. I workout, travel, go out with friends, date, currently flipping a home on top of my normal stressful job and I'm having fun with all of it.

The point I'm trying to make is just because you're going to take a year plus to taper, it doesn't have to be year plus of misery.

Take it very slow and just live your life. This is going to be much easier than you're making it out to be. Seriously, you'll be fine.

I appreciate your words more then you know. It's nice to see not everyone on here is being tortured. I'm aware the way I think and obsess is going to make my taper bad if it even is. Just a personal issue of mine. Lol I was put on the med for a reason just looking forward to hopefully feeling the way I want to feel and going up in dose isnt the anwser.

I need to update my signature but I have been tapering off 1mg of Klonopin for just over a year now. I've reduced down to .16 and I should be done in about four months (.0625).

Sounds like forever, I know. I simply take a minute every day and shave just a tiny bit off a pill. Of course I received my Klonopin in .25mg x 4 and when I got to .5 I switched to .125mg x 4.

Why the four pills you may ask? Because it's much easier to reduce 1% of 800 mg of total weight (4 pills) than 1% of a single pill's 200mg weight. Hope that concept makes sense. This will become more important as you reduce down into the dosage below a quarter of a milligram

Here is the good news: By going as slow as I have, I haven't had a single symptom. I live my life completely normal. If I want to go out and have drinks on a weekend night, no big deal (just don't take a dose anywhere near when you're drinking). Take it the next morning or something.

I can eat whatever I want. I workout, travel, go out with friends, date, currently flipping a home on top of my normal stressful job and I'm having fun with all of it.

The point I'm trying to make is just because you're going to take a year plus to taper, it doesn't have to be year plus of misery.

Take it very slow and just live your life. This is going to be much easier than you're making it out to be. Seriously, you'll be fine.