On .25 klonopin daily please review my tapper plan

[Mi...]

I've been on .25 K for 8 months. Went cold turkey, not a good idea. Went back on .25 now plan on titration tapper.

120-150 day/ml jar of whole milk, with incremental 1ml off every day till 120-150. Hold if things go bad. Is this too fast?

Hi Milogow360,

Can you provide just a little more information? 

(1) What is the concentration of your homemade liquid?  Or, to put it another way, how are you preparing your homemade liquid?

What is the strength of the tablets you are using? (in milligrams)

How many tablets are you using?

How much milk are you using?

(2) What is your intended taper rate?  (Taper rate = the percent reduction you want to make over what time period)

Totally new with this.

I was planning to use 120 to 150 ml(havent decided) of regular whole milk a day.

The tablet is .25 mg. Planning on crushing and adding it into the milk.

The reduction is an increment of 1ml a day.

Day 1: 1ml reduction from drug milk

Day 2: 2ml reduction from drug milk

Day 3: 3ml reduction from drug milk

Till the end at 120 or up to day 150. I was wonder if this is too fast, it's 4-5 month taper. Currently on .25mg of K for 8 months.

No problem. I just want to know when's a good time to jump considering my dosage and length. At 120ml it's 4 months. 150ml around 5 months. I just dont know the jumping point. I just dont know if 4-5 months, 1ml incremental reduction daily is too fast for .25mg daily for 8 months.

If you'll plug all of your data into the tool I provided, it will give you a quit dose, or you could see how you feel as you reduce your dose.

The best tapers are living things, they're driven by you, not a timetable.  Your symptoms, life commitments, health issues, all of these things factor into a taper, so it's best to not be too ridged, that could be setting you up for failure.  The important thing to remember is to be patient with the process and yourself, try not to up-dose and hold if you need to get a little more stable before your next cut. 

No problem. I just want to know when's a good time to jump considering my dosage and length. At 120ml it's 4 months. 150ml around 5 months. I just dont know the jumping point. I just dont know if 4-5 months, 1ml incremental reduction daily is too fast for .25mg daily for 8 months.

Hello Milo

The plan that you are considering (reducing 1ml a day for 120-150 days) may work for a couple of months but you may find as you get lower in dosage symptoms escalate. I plugged your data into the calculator and see that reducing by the suggested rate of 10% it would take approx. 10 months to complete a taper. So the 4 or 5 months you are looking at may be a bit aggressive and could produce significant symptoms after you taper for a while. I would suggest looking at this schedule and change the amount you reduce as needed. This is illustrated herePlease note that in the beginning, the reduction is approx. 1ml a day but by the time you get to 180 days it takes 3-4 days to reduce a 1ml.

Like Pam said, it may be best to consider a symptom based taper rather than rely on a strict regimen. It is understandable to want to get off this medication asap but it may be a wise choice to come up with a more reasonable plan holding when/if necessary.

Ultimately, the end goal is to get off the medication in a safe, reasonable manner...whatever/however it takes... let us know what you decide on :thumbsup:

10 months is around 300 ml of liquid.  It seems a lot for the dosage I am at.

Using this sample schedule I provided, you would put 1 - .25mg tablet into 150ml total volume of liquid and reduce according to the schedule. You can use syringes to make more accurate reductions. If you play around with the calculator, it is actually possible to use a variety of volumes of liquid for any given tablet. The calculator makes it versatile and easy...

Think I am going to do 250ml of milk. With the reduction of 1ml increments till 250. At 252 you reach 0.025 quit rate. Depending on how I feel along the way.

Hi Milo,

The first link needs an email to see, the second link comes up blank and the third shows the last part of your taper.  I'm sure if you've plugged everything in correctly, you should have a good plan.

Input

https://imgur.com/a/YKKn4yt

https://imgur.com/a/gUfjSe8

I believe that is 120ml liquid, .5ml reduction increments, up to 8 months or more depending.

Thanks for all the replies.

But, your first link shows that you are tossing medicine and that isn't necessary.  The second link from the plan Pamster gave you is the one I use.  I don't know anything about the first link information and tossing, but I've read enough to know that's not the way to go.  I guess it works, but it's just so wasteful. 

Anyway, if you just submit the information on the first link's plan, it will figure it for you.  Just be sure to click 'no' on 'combine with tablets' since it looks like you are starting with just the liquid and no pills.

You can also click on 'attenuated ending' if you choose the mg as this, apparently makes it easier as the dosage gets lower. The 'readme first' section explains that. 

It can be mind boggling; at least it was for me.  :crazy: