cold hands and feet

[Ha...]

yeah, this has been really bad lately, not sure if it's anxiety, the benzo taper,

or bad circulation,  left foot/part of leg is the worst, feels like it's in ice water

even wrapped in blankets with heat on, I don't smoke, or consume caffiene

I eat good, and my weight is good, 52 years old , male , but my taper has

been very brutal also ( 19 months into it now, not one good day yet ) (edit

10 mins later) k, I  forgot to mention I've been on a low dose Beta Blocker

called Bisoprolol for almost a year now, I'm on 5mg's  daily , one pill  ( max is 20 mg's daily)I have

the pharmacy papers that came with script it says this under side effects " This

Drug May reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold

Smoking may worsen this effect"  interesting!!!

I can't speak for the betablockers, but I had extremely cold feet during my first 5-ish months of withdrawal. My right foot felt like a dead fish. It was painful as hell if my foot hit something. I was sure it due to to reduced blood circulation. Even made a scenario in my head that I probably would need amputation at some point :idiot:

I have a lot of tight pain in my left calf in a small area, ( in my mind that's a bloodclot lol, or Deep Vein Thrombosis )

get it all the time, really nasty,  yeah my feet are so cold, that even wearing shoes and warm socks inside have done

nothing,  I took the shoe off and it's cold, ( after wearing for  2 hours etc)

Seems like you're experiencing the exact same thing as I did. So I'm pretty confident that it will go away for you as well.. I remember I took hot showers just make it less cold. It helped for like, 30 minutes and then it was stone cold again. For me the only time it wasn't cold was when I woke up in the morning.

You might want to try toe and hand warmers, Costco has big boxes of these for a good price. I wish I'd known about these when I suffered with this, instead, I put my feet in buckets of hot water and wore gloves around the house. 

thanks, but I have no access to Costco, ( as I'm Agoraphobic etc) haven't seen that store literally since 2001 I think

yeah, I'm worried about this cluster of symptoms,  first , I've been diagnosed via bloodwork with Low Platelets

I have left calf pain below knee like, , off and on, really hurts, feels close to surface,  I have the cold hands and feet

the Benzo crap, and the anxiety,  wondering what's going on here,  starting to scare myself about blood clots!! ugh

I've not heard of calf pain, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen, have you seen your medical practitioner about it?  I'd hate to see you ignore a serious condition thinking it's a withdrawal symptom.

luckily I have a Doc Appt on Friday.. I'll have to wait till then though, ( and I have a Jan 28th Tues appt with a blood doc about the Low Platelets issue )

[72...]

I am freezing or sweating.  My feet and hands are cold or burning most days.  I have no history of medical issues and have seen people on here with this sx.  Mine comes and goes.  I am hoping it will leave as other sx have.  Hope this helps.

B