100% disableing anxiety anyone ?

[To...]

Who all on here has crippleing anxiety keeping them from being able to do preety much anything?

It’s a feeling that’s 24/7 in your chest this anxiety feeling and it’s there 24/7 almost..

Also the air hunger at night and thru the day....and also the abdomen tenseing everyday...

How many people go thru this torture everyday as well ? Can you describe it in your own terms.

Sorry you're suffering. This may seem random, but it has a physiological basis. Get your thyroid checked.  Low T3 (active form) is present in folks with panic disorders and depression. A study was done on people who had tried at least >10 medications, and it hadn't worked. They gave the patients large doses of T3, and their mental health scores greatly improved. 

The longer you endure physical or mental stress, the  more likely the body level of T3 is low. Remember the brain protects itself, so it will try to keep its T3 levels higher even if things aren't going well in the body. One way it does this is that there are brain enzymes present which are absent elsewhere. 

Air hunger can be a symptom of low thyroid. Anxiety can be a symptom of low thyroid. IBS can be related to the gut's thyroid level which controls peristalsis.

Go to the website tiredthyroid.com. She has a whole list of the tests to do and explanations.

Thyroid medicine is the second most frequently prescribed med in the USA. Rates of the autoimmune Hashimoto's thyroiditis are exploding world-wide. Remember of the prescriptions, this is just the people who have been diagnosed.

I have been experiencing this too since pretty much 2 months into first being on benzos. It lifts sometimes when I'm in a window, but it's pretty much constant. I had a ton of blood work done and everything came back normal (thyroid, hormones, etc). It also showed no food allergies. My vit D levels were pretty low, so I'm taking D3 supplements, can't say that it's helping much.

I do keep wondering if I've developed a legit anxiety disorder, but as I learn more and more about benzos, I think that mine and Tommy's problems are the drugs. There's a reason there's an entire board on this forum for anxiety. Benzos themselves can turn on you and make anxiety 100x worse, and withdrawal will increase that anxiety as well. Gaba receptors are shut down, and it cascades down and affects serotonin, dopamine, and everything else in the CNS.

I pray and pray and hope every minute of every day that this anxiety will subside as I come off of this poison.

Hi,

Mine is mostly early morning anxiety,  which many benzo users have. Though the shrink said I have health anxiety disorder.  Didn't have that,  so must be from benzos.

I'm with hearsaybenz on this one:

" I do keep wondering if I've developed a legit anxiety disorder, but as I learn more and more about benzos, I think that mine and Tommy's problems are the drugs. There's a reason there's an entire board on this forum for anxiety. Benzos themselves can turn on you and make anxiety 100x worse, and withdrawal will increase that anxiety as well. Gaba receptors are shut down, and it cascades down and affects serotonin, dopamine, and everything else in the CNS.".

Benzos mess up everything! 

Hope you feel better soon.

7 months off and it's pretty relentless...…..I do work but it's hard.  I had some anxiety before the benzos but nothing like this.

If you read Ashton's words ...anxiety is the number one withdrawal sxs are our brains just can't handle things like pre benzos.

I've had blood work and the whole works....doctors don't understand what these drugs do to us.

Yes, and I haven't even started my taper but I do have tolerance withdrawal on 0.5 mg clonazepam/day for panic disorder. I noticed yesterday for the first time that my blood pressure is going up a bit about an hour before I'm due for my next dose and that really freaked me out. What if I now have a permanent blood pressure problem which will only be relieved by more clonazepam? I don't know but I keep thinking scary thoughts.

Caltn, I could have written your post!! Just when I think it might be coming out of it. Nope.

7 months Xanax free, and praying, praying, praying for a reprieve.

I too have totally disableing anxiety. Far worse than anything I ever had before.

I go round and round trying to work out the reasons, Past AD's  maybe , a week of pregabalin maybe ,  mirtazapine twice for week each time maybe,  or the Irish whiskey I drank 2 years ago in March?  I really have no idea, 

I took the valium for anxiety starting the end of March 2018, and am now 6 weeks off, 

The drug never helped me, but I was told to keep taking it, and I did,  was that why when I was reacting badly?  I don't know,

I do know that there is no way to describe it as it's different and far in excess of the original form

Nearest I can come up with is your worst dread fear  nightmare come true,  and stuck on repeat all day every day,

I cannot take the tiniest bit of extra stress, Nothing at all,  ,

I have been this way for almost 2 years and really hope it's coming to an end as I take no other drugs now, The last being the end of valium  started at 4mgs and tapered after 3-4 months , taper 17 months,  other than that  1 tablet citalopram  in hospital 10mg . September 2018,  so maybe I will at last recover by giving my brain a rest from any psychotropic drugs, .

I cannot see that anything added will do anything but make things worse ,

I would guess that trauma with remain a problem as that is what started the whole  journey ,  but  sometimes these things happen in life.

Jen

(74)

I too have totally disableing anxiety. Far worse than anything I ever had before.

I go round and round trying to work out the reasons, Past AD's  maybe , a week of pregabalin maybe ,  mirtazapine twice for week each time maybe,  or the Irish whiskey I drank 2 years ago in March?  I really have no idea, 

I took the valium for anxiety starting the end of March 2018, and am now 6 weeks off, 

The drug never helped me, but I was told to keep taking it, and I did,  was that why when I was reacting badly?  I don't know,

I do know that there is no way to describe it as it's different and far in excess of the original form

Nearest I can come up with is your worst dread fear  nightmare come true,  and stuck on repeat all day every day,

I cannot take the tiniest bit of extra stress, Nothing at all,  ,

I have been this way for almost 2 years and really hope it's coming to an end as I take no other drugs now, The last being the end of valium  started at 4mgs and tapered after 3-4 months , taper 17 months,  other than that  1 tablet citalopram  in hospital 10mg . September 2018,  so maybe I will at last recover by giving my brain a rest from any psychotropic drugs, .

I cannot see that anything added will do anything but make things worse ,

I would guess that trauma with remain a problem as that is what started the whole  journey ,  but  sometimes these things happen in life.

Jen

(74)

This is how I am too. I keep praying as I get lower in my taper that the anxiety will start to fade as I heal, but really it’s just getting worse. I’m trying to accept that this is going to be my norm for a long time, but that’s a really really hard thing to accept.

• 1 month later...

To ease all of your pains a little bit. Let me tell you I think I have the worst anxiety disorder. 24/7 constant anxiety worry or stress but then when I analyse slightly it’s like some disorder. Either I can’t take my mind of it or it’s a worry which I don’t know how to switch off.

To sum it up:The off button seems to be missing. Iv only got the ON switch. Heads always burning, tightness everywhere especially abdomen and legs.

It’s just crazyness.

Iv only taken clonazapam a couple of times.

Paranoid, stress, fear, worry. Can’t take my mind of things. Subconscious is always doing its own thing.

If I try to engage myself in anything like watch tv or play video games. I can’t, start to get more pain in my head etc.

I’m really tired, burnt out.

• 3 weeks later...
Non stop 24/7 anxiety, worst time is in the morning. I have had literally a few hrs window in a year. I have had an inner akathesia. Gone for all the medical tests and all ok. I get asked what I think about thats causing such high anxiety, and yes, I have been going through a marital break up, but it tapering at the same time. I have been through a marital break up before, but it did not cause such high 24/7 anxiety with bad physical symptoms. It's been really difficult and frustrating. It's like the brain just has foot flat on the anxiety pedal, and you dont have any sort of brake to stop it.

22 months out, 24/7 severe anxiety, no windows from it. Feel like I'm going utterly insane. It's the bloody benzos, guys, no question.

Hi,

So so sorry to see you're having so much anxiety all day and all night. Must be absolutely terrible.

Mine is from after waking up around 4 am and usually stops while having breakfast around 7.30.

I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to be in such terror constantly.  Do you manage to get some decent sleep?

I hope you may all see improvement soon.

Hi,

So so sorry to see you're having so much anxiety all day and all night. Must be absolutely terrible.

Mine is from after waking up around 4 am and usually stops while having breakfast around 7.30.

I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like to be in such terror constantly.  Do you manage to get some decent sleep?

I hope you may all see improvement soon.

I have it before benzo and many people are like me, So i am not expecting too much improvement in this area for me that's why i work so hard to build and strengthen my coping skills . 

Who all on here has crippleing anxiety keeping them from being able to do preety much anything?

It’s a feeling that’s 24/7 in your chest this anxiety feeling and it’s there 24/7 almost..

Also the air hunger at night and thru the day....and also the abdomen tenseing everyday...

How many people go thru this torture everyday as well ? Can you describe it in your own terms.

I had it since forever and it's crippling me and most of the time i am unable to function like others.

• 2 weeks later...
So in my own words, it feels like a Non-Stop panic attack along with lots of physical symptoms. It's very rare that I get a window, but they are happening more and more often now that I am 8 months out. So I do see some hope. And I don't know what's up with the whole abdomen thing, you can just be lying there at all of a sudden it starts tensing up and it feels like you're panicking and of course, the air hunger starts. That has been pretty much non-stop for 8 months. Feels like you can't breathe for 8 months straight. I would have gone and got it checked out but it goes away during my windows. So it's kind of like being suffocated and panicking for almost a year straight. That's why it's called suffering. But we will heal.

• 1 month later...

Ive had crippling anxiety where it grips you and you cant function.

Also I was smelling everything in my house and with each smell it was triggering an anxiety attack or just general anxiety.

Was really weird

shania

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I’m made of glass and a Grenade went off inside of me. I feel like all of my nerves are exposed. I feel like my heart is made of quivering jello and my body is screaming becouse it knows that’s not good. It’s anticipation of your body giving out and then it culminates in some sudden sensation that assures you that “this is it!” But it’s not it, becouse your not done yet, not evan close, and your not gonna get used to it either becouse it’s gonna be different next time and worse. So get ready becouse you going for a ride!!!!    Sorry, I’m having a bad day (aka every day😪)

i feel for everyone in here.. hang in guys.. this is our struggle. as long as we fight and face it another day, it gives meaning to our life

Absolutely, it makes us tougher mentally than if we had not gone through anything with meaning that takes lots of willpower. Most people can't say they've had a true close call with death already and lived to tell about it. Not that it makes our predicament any better, but we can say we've been through alot and understand the meaning of struggle and hardship. And we will have a new appreciation of life that maybe we did not have before the pills. That's my thoughts at least.

My anxiety has changed at 10 months off. Now it's a really warm body feeling and really shaky and paralyzed feeling in the mornings. Feels like my legs are burning themselves. Makes me feel like it's never going to end, even though it gets much better later in the day.

I was feeling quite good for a week or so after I quit trintellix.  But now, I'm in a panic state.  I shake.  I feel crazed.  It is the most horrible horrible experience.  I'm interested in the thyroid angle, but I have been tested with normal results.

I wonder about the thresholds that are used in medical tests.  They are based on statistics.  But each of us is our own chemical experiment.  Has anyone tried thyroid medication even though their results were normal?  Has anyone had a positive result from taking thyroid medication?

For me, I get a flash of a thought and WHAM!, panic.  I feel so disconnected and find it really hard to reassure my kids when I'm so fragile and panicky.  I am, my withdrawal, is affecting them and I don't know how to stop it unless I go away for a while.  And my husband just gets, honestly, abused.  There are environment issues that I know contribute to my anxiety and depression.  It's just awful.  I feel so weak.

5.5 months off valium and the terror and panic state from morning till night is so intense, I feel as if I am dying ,

Surely there should be some let up by now?

I worry about my past history of AD's the last one being July 2018  when I had 1 week of Mirtazapine, 

I have had citalopram in the past,  5 years ago for about 2 years and stopped without a problem ,

sertraline 2017 for 4-5 weeks, stopped CT by the Doctor,  ,

I have had pregabalin for a week in early March 2018 ,

all of this could be impacting, ,

In the distant past there was AD use too, and I am sure very occasional use of valium prescribed for a situational thing, 

Nothing lasting more than a few days at most,

I used to drink too  but stopped 5.5 years ago apart from a slip of 2 separate drinks early 2018, before the valium

I do hope that I can still mend from all of this as I was already in an anxious state before the valium and now afraid I have to live this way

I hope not, as it's so unbearable

Anyone got through this and come out the other side?

Jen