Staying positive and strong

[fl...]

Hi All...

Started my taper 13 months ago from Ativan. I am currently down to one 0.5  pill per day.  Have been since Sept.  my question is how do I taper down from that, since it is very hard to cut this pill.  I don’t know yet if my primary care doctor will follow the Ashton method with me and switch over to Valium, I will find this out next week. Also, she told me I will get one more prescription, and then I will get 15 pills per month. Because I am suffering from very bad tinnitus which I believe was caused from tapering down from this horrible drug, any advice you could give me, would be appreciated!  Also, I was just started on an SSRI, to help me with withdrawls.

Hi  flower girl :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are happy to have you here, you have done a great job so far, well done to you.  Sorry about the tinnitus, it’s very common in withdrawal.  You'll find plenty of information and support to help you on your journey to be free.  Our members have gone through all aspects of withdrawal, and understand what you're going through.  Please feel free to post questions so members can respond.

I am glad you are familiar with ashtons manual, it’s a great resource about benzodiazepinesHere is a link to the manual: Professor Ashtons Manual  Ashton recommends reducing between 5 - 10% every 10/14 days, many of us need to taper much slower, whatever feels comfortable.

Here are a few links to some resources:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

You might also like to post to this support group, 

Ativan Tapering Support Thread

If you would like to add a signature  (history of medication/doses etc). It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi, you can buy a pill cutter on Amazon, which can easily split the .50's in to .25's. It can also then split the .25's in to .125's. I wound up doing that during my taper. Once I got down to .125 daily I started doing "skip" days and gradually I was able to string more and more together until I was rid of this wretched drug. Hope this helps, stay the course, you are getting close!