How common is 100% recovery from Benzo induced tinnitus?

[Ze...]

I rapid tapered(2 weeks) off 1mg ativan. I took as needed(1-3 times a week) for 5 months daily(once a day) for 1 month).

I've had it about 5 months, it'd definitely gotten less loud at least.

It sounds like faint static usually, sometimes flares for hours to a few days as louder static.

I might have  hearing loss from the withdraw too, I noticed bass-ier soundssound less clear but my hearing has been slowly improving some too so who knows.

Have you heard of people actually getting 100% over this?

i've seen all kind of things people say.. the one that is safe to rely on is if you noticed a fading trend, it should continue fading

try this recipe. tell us if it works:

tinnitus-recipe.png

i've seen all kind of things people say.. the one that is safe to rely on is if you noticed a fading trend, it should continue fading

try this recipe. tell us if it works:

tinnitus-recipe.png

Have you heard about people losing all of it though?

yes i have but the median time frame seems to be around 1 year. plus you have to consider the fully healed cases don't hang around this site

My tinnitus went away about 3-4 months into withdrawal. I then got drunk and most of my symptoms including tinnitus came back. Ive now been totally sober for 9 weeks and it's starting to fade away again. So yes, it will go away.  :thumbsup:

I am 10 months out C/T and mine has gotten way better. I can only hear it when I lay down for bed. I dont need to sleep with a sound machine anymore! It does get better.

My brother was on 1mg per day of klonopin, like I was, but for around 2 years. He developed tinnitus, which subsided at around 6 months post-withdrawal. Good luck!

I jumped 6 months ago and still suffer horribly from tinnitus. Never tied it to the benzos until your post so thank you and I’m sorry. I developed it when I c/t off benzos 2.5 years ago for a month and it is still loud and proud.  >:(