Weird question about urinary issues

[To...]

Sorry in advance for the nature of this question, but I guess I have seen other restroom related health questions on here. Does anyone know if this benzo mess can affect the prostate or urine stream? In the last month or two mine has gone from "laser" to "spray" setting. Again sorry, don't know how else to pose the question.

About ten months ago I had a prostate biopsy due to a slightly high PSA for my age (40) and it came back no cancer. The scare gave me major health anxiety at the time as I was tapering. I STILL have major health anxiety and this urinary issue is freaking me out. I didn't even have any stream/flow issues during the biopsy times. Strange that it is happening now.

Has anyone out there experienced anything like this or know something about it? Thanks

[3a...]
I have had intermittent different urinary streams.  Yes had tests done NO CANCER NO INFECTION.  I m female and yes it is a sx of withdrawal.  I have found alot of other people with urinary sx.  My doctor said it's fine not to worry about how it comes out.  Hope that helps.

Yes, it's a side effect of benzo. It even says so in the instruction manual. ( in mine anyway).

I' m sitting down to have a pee, That says it all,  I guess. But then again,  I 'm 64 and have a slightly enlarged prostate. But peeing got worse after getting on benzo. So,  don't worry too much about it.

Hi,

I stopped benzo on the 6th of January. I am finding it hard to urinate. flow is not constant and I don't fully empty my bladder and have to return for a second try

[3a...]

I had it in the very beginning it did pass pretty quickly.  I even had stream flow problems.  I have read others with this sx also.  Hope that helps.

B

Wow. Glad I came across this post.

I an 41 yo male. Went to my doctor for "tiny" sharp pains in my back, bladder, and testicles. Dr was sure I had an infection but all labs and xray was normal. A week later i had to go to the emergency room for testicle pain that was so bad it mad me nauseous. 

I had more labs, ct scan, and testicle ultrasound......all came back normal.

I'm waking up 3 to 4 times a night to pee.

I thought I was losing my mind...

Wow. Glad I came across this post.

I an 41 yo male. Went to my doctor for "tiny" sharp pains in my back, bladder, and testicles. Dr was sure I had an infection but all labs and xray was normal. A week later i had to go to the emergency room for testicle pain that was so bad it mad me nauseous. 

I had more labs, ct scan, and testicle ultrasound......all came back normal.

I'm waking up 3 to 4 times a night to pee.

I thought I was losing my mind...

Peter 40 thank goodness for this site and the internet. Who else are we supposed to ask about these things? This experience is like a second puberty from hell that is even more awkward to discuss that the first go around.

My doctor unfortunately went ahead with surgery and now I believe it was not only unnecessary, but made me worse. Now I have all kinds of craziness going on down there, but I think it can be attributed to the benzos. Of course when my health anxiety kicks in I believe I am probably dying from any number of insidious diseases. It's like another poster said, anywhere we have nerves can be affected. Lucky us. 

Well I m glad I don't have testicles now for sure...lol. 

Bnot, hopefully the continues to be the case. We all know benzos can do crazy things to us. At this point it would not surprise me at all if you ended up with them before it's all over. We'll be here for you.

Tom

See Lost Dog"s success story. I bumped it to the top of the threads. He describes his prostate abd urinary issues that have resolved.

Thanks Oldgreymare : )

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have discolored urine with this?

My stream has been getting intermittent this past week, with urgency sometimes. And an intermittent uncomfortable sensation in my urethra.

And urine is quite clear. A hint of brown or red, though mostly pretty clear. I always drink haaps of water. Though this clear is quite odd. Don’t remember anything like it before.

Now having intense sharp pain in on R side in my back, glutes, just in front of my iliac crest.

Feedback appreciated. Either post or pm

Hi,

I felt pain way down in my body yesterday, not being bowel pain. I think it was some sort of cramps in my bladder. Drank a lot of water. The urine was clear like tapwater. So yes, It does happen Edo Tora.

The pain ( pressure) left after about 6 or 7 hours.